5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram guy - 1500 Rebel

Rebel Pilot

Reaction score
Good evening,

I am new to RAMs, I definitely like it so far. Bought a 1500 Rebel, and have only put about 500 miles on it so far.

Thanks, any tips, tricks, or recommendations would be cool!

- Rebel Pilot - an actual pilot that owns a Rebel. NO STAR WARS affiliation. lol

IMG_5197(1).jpg

mresseguie

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Pilot.

I don't know how many of us there are, but welcome to the 'first time owning a RAM truck' club. I bought my 1500 Limited Granite Night edition just 2 months ago (and ~2200 miles), and I still can't quite believe how great it is to drive. Even my 'sensible gas mileage car' son likes to drive it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Modifications.... I did a lot of that to my old Tacoma... was hoping to keep this one minimal. But any recommendations?

Thanks!
It always starts that way. And then you get the itch again. First thing I'd recommend is adding extra reverse lights since ours are terrible.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats, welcome to the Rebel club. Just a few tips I've copied and pasted before, though not sure how they apply if you have the digital screen, someone please chime in to correct if needed....

- Volume and audio controls are behind the steering wheel.

- ECO light is off by default, you can turn on from your UConnect settings screen. Lets you know when you are in 4-cylinder mode.

- Transmission Gear current position in the dash is off by default, you can turn on from the dash gauge settings options under "Current Gear". Nice to see how your tranny is shifting.

- Gear Limit selector on steering wheel can easily be pressed at a stop light, resulting in you being locked in first gear and feaking out why you transmission won't shift up.

- If you forget to turn off the Interior and map lights, don't worry, they will turn off after 10 minutes to save the battery.

- On some trims, after ignition off, the USBs shut off after 1 hour, while the 12v on the top center dash turns off/on with the ignition.

- Remember your tail gate has the proximity sensor on it as well, as long as you lock your truck, your tail gate is also locked, but if you walk up to it with the key on your person, it will automatically unlock (without making a sound). This makes some people think they don't have a locking tail gate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online