5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram brand app to replace Mopar app

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on the pacifica forum today (my other vehicle is a pacifica hybrid) and saw a post about the new Chrysler app for mobile and the fact it is more user friendly and has more info than the existing mopar owners app. Sure enough when I checked the Mopar app it had a notice to upgrade to the new brand apps - I was then prompted to select from the various Stellantis brands and dowloaded the Chysler app. The new app shows both my Chrysler and the Ram and switches between the 'brands' based on the menu which is nice so I don't need two apps on the phone. I don't really see much of a difference for my ram because my truck doesn't have the connected services (remote lock/unlock, sos etc.) but for the pacifica hybrid which does it was a big upgrade as I know have access to vehicle heath, charge and fuel levels, scheduled conditioning etc. The next question is whether that is all still dependant on an active Guardian subscription or not. For those of you with higher trim or optioned trucks I am guessing the new Ram app will be nice and may replace the need for the Uconnect app.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was on the pacifica forum today (my other vehicle is a pacifica hybrid) and saw a post about the new Chrysler app for mobile and the fact it is more user friendly and has more info than the existing mopar owners app. Sure enough when I checked the Mopar app it had a notice to upgrade to the new brand apps - I was then prompted to select from the various Stellantis brands and dowloaded the Chysler app. The new app shows both my Chrysler and the Ram and switches between the 'brands' based on the menu which is nice so I don't need two apps on the phone. I don't really see much of a difference for my ram because my truck doesn't have the connected services (remote lock/unlock, sos etc.) but for the pacifica hybrid which does it was a big upgrade as I know have access to vehicle heath, charge and fuel levels, scheduled conditioning etc. The next question is whether that is all still dependant on an active Guardian subscription or not. For those of you with higher trim or optioned trucks I am guessing the new Ram app will be nice and may replace the need for the Uconnect app.
The 2022s+ have different subscriptions models.

I have a 2022 and there are no Guardian services it's all through Ram. Also the uConnect app doesn't work, you need to use the "Ram" app.
It's all worthless. You can see the oil level (same as inside the truck) air pressure and fuel tank fill amount.

My 2022 Limited only came with a 6 month subscription.

U

User_3336

The 2022s+ have different subscriptions models.

I have a 2022 and there are no Guardian services it's all through Ram. Also the uConnect app doesn't work, you need to use the "Ram" app.
It's all worthless. You can see the oil level (same as inside the truck) air pressure and fuel tank fill amount.

My 2022 Limited only came with a 6 month subscription.
Do people ever renew "connected services"? Price vs benefit seems to be out of proportion.

The new login for 22+ is above.

Jexx

Reaction score
Do people ever renew "connected services"? Price vs benefit seems to be out of proportion.

The new login for 22+ is above.
I can't see many people renewing it. I actually like being able to remote start from my phone/watch, but I'm not paying $10 or $15 (I don't remember the exact cost) for that.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine expires tonight and im not going to renew, way to much expensive for what it give, netflix is less expensive lol,

it should be free with the truck ( my audi q5 is free and is less expensive then my truck) so dont know why its so expensive on a ram

U

User_3336

mine expires tonight and im not going to renew, way to much expensive for what it give, netflix is less expensive lol,

it should be free with the truck ( my audi q5 is free and is less expensive then my truck) so dont know why its so expensive on a ram
Depends on the brand. Essentially AT&T and Sirius still run all of this, no matter what its called.
Ford has some features longer. Nissan has part of it for like 5 years free.
Depends on what the manufacturer strikes a deal for.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Depends on the brand. Essentially AT&T and Sirius still run all of this, no matter what its called.
Ford has some features longer. Nissan has part of it for like 5 years free.
Depends on what the manufacturer strikes a deal for.
??????

Even if you don't pay for connected services, Ram keeps wireless connections to your truck, they just don't allow you to use it

U

User_3336

??????

Even if you don't pay for connected services, Ram keeps wireless connections to your truck, they just don't allow you to use it
That is possible for mileage and diagnostic information. Haven't fooled around with the settings enough in the RAM to see if this can be disabled.

In a Nissan, you can turn OFF data transmission in the settings.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is possible for mileage and diagnostic information. Haven't fooled around with the settings enough in the RAM to see if this can be disabled.

In a Nissan, you can turn OFF data transmission in the settings.
No, you can't disable the always connected features.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About time they updated that app.

No, I did not renew for two reasons: 1) cost, it should be free. It was on all my Fords and the app was 100x better. 2) it never worked.. the delay was so bad that it would either timeout or take over 5 minutes to complete the request. By then I was in the truck going down the road.

Pschne1

Reaction score
I just switched over to the RAM app from the UConnect app. Seems to have same features, just looks better. I am hoping it is less buggy, since recently I have been having issues with UConnect remote start also unlocks the doors so the truck is started remotely but unlocked. I guess time will tell…

Jexx

Reaction score
I just switched over to the RAM app from the UConnect app. Seems to have same features, just looks better. I am hoping it is less buggy, since recently I have been having issues with UConnect remote start also unlocks the doors so the truck is started remotely but unlocked. I guess time will tell…
When my subscription was still active I used the RAM app all the time to remote start my truck, and it never unlocked the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread