5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram at the Dunes.

tom318

Reaction score
A few months back i got my truck ready to go but ended up not going since we thought it might be to busy being "free weekend" and my buddy bought a new 2500 Laramie the week before. Figured maybe we shouldn't take an 85K truck on the dunes. Hoping to get mine out there soon!

Did you experience any issues after this trip? I heard nothing but horror stories from locals mainly regarding brakes and how the pads/rotors and even calipers would be toast a few days after leaving the dunes due to the sand. Not sure I totally believed it unless your on those dunes daily!

mcat79

Reaction score
No issues here aside from damaging my front plate. I hit a few of the hills a bit fast and buried the nose. Car is fine, just the plate got bent. I had a 4hour drive home afterwards and everything seems to be great. I do need to get in there and vacuum out all the sand :)

When I go back I am going to do a weekday. The place gets crazy on the weekends. Not so bad in the morning but when we left at 2 there was an insane amount of folks.

tom318

Reaction score
No issues here aside from damaging my front plate. I hit a few of the hills a bit fast and buried the nose. Car is fine, just the plate got bent. I had a 4hour drive home afterwards and everything seems to be great. I do need to get in there and vacuum out all the sand :)

When I go back I am going to do a weekday. The place gets crazy on the weekends. Not so bad in the morning but when we left at 2 there was an insane amount of folks.
Nice! Ill plan for a weekday as well next time. Like I mentioned I never made it there but I cant imagine how crazy it was on a beautiful Saturday when it was free on top of it.

Users who are viewing this thread