5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram..all four wheel hubs gouged from factory??

Ready Go

Reaction score
So yesterday I did my first Tire Rotation at 5000 miles.

All four wheels had gouges on the rear hubs that would mounted against the rotor faces!!

The rotors are "mounted" to the axle flanges with torx bolts (and have 6 wheel studs aligning them) so they shouldn't be shifting at all, but all four wheels have considerable gouges on the wheel hub surfaces that follow a circular pattern like the wheel is "spinning" against the rotor surface!! Except, the rotor surface is smooth and clean without gouges..and there is no way the wheel could spin/shift enough the cause the length of gouges!!(??)

I'm at a loss to explain..it's almost as if the wheels were somehow damaged before installation at the factory??(!!)

My truck was ordered by me and is 5 months old with 5000 miles.

Any thoughts?? I'm perplexed, I've never seen this on any of the 70+ vehicles I've owned before.

Attachments

• 20240315_130750.jpg
    20240315_130750.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve never seen that before either . Do you know anyone else with a Laramie to see if they have the same ?

Ready Go

Reaction score
I’ve never seen that before either . Do you know anyone else with a Laramie to see if they have the same ?
I do have a friend with a 2022 Laramie with same rims..maybe I can check one of his out.

I feel like somehow these were swapped on for some reason(?).

It's a head scratcher!!🤔

Users who are viewing this thread