5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram 2022-bed liner, floor mats, tonneau

rammerhard

Reaction score
Hey all,

Picking up my new 1500 tomorrow. First brand new truck, so I'm pretty stoked.

Looking for recommendations on floor mats, I live in new England and have constant salt/snow 5 months out of the year.

Looking for a tonneau cover that functions well. Will occasionally need to load items and have the tonneau partially open, so I am going back and forth between a retractable and a tri-flip.

Lastly looking for recommendations on a bed liner. Should I be looking into drop in or spay in? With an after market spray in will it void my warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Many happy with the Mopar rubber mats. I have Maxliner mats and like how they go over the sills, easy to sweep out.

Compilation on tonneau covers - best wishes.

Bak Flip Mx 4 seems to be a popular tri-fold although I think the ultra flex is better as it does not rest on the window when fully folded. There are also roll ups that some are happy with.

Drop in is not too popular as it seems to scratch the paint over time and eventual rust. Many happy with bed rug. Doesn't seem to be complaints on the spray in. I have a Smartliner Mat (nothing on the sides and front) and like the fit and serves my needs. I have a tailgate mat that works well.

Search isn't the best on 5th generation forum. Suggest you type in 5th Gen Forum with the topic on a google search if not that successful with the 5th Gen search function.

Best wishes on your decision. There is a lot on info on the forum and members will give you their experience and opinion.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I LOVE my Roll-N-Lock E-Series retractable cover. It looks like it’s supposed to be with the truck unlike a lot of other covers, easy maintenance, LED light, perfect for use if you need to partially open you can stop anywhere on track system, 8” is all that’s really taken out of the truck bed but you still have room to put stuff underneath if you needed to. Company makes a GREAT product and if you have any issues they take care of RIGHT away. I literally have gone through absolute downpours and car washes and haven’t gotten ANYTHING and I mean not even one single drop of water in my truck bed. If power fails you have a manual where you can unlock and push down the cover (have never had to use). It’s made of poly coated aluminum and it looks bad*** as well. All personal opinion though (I will say I have gotten tons of compliments on it since I’ve gotten it)

Edit; Forgot to add I have Mopart floor mats and I love them fit perfect, easy to clean, look like they belong part of the truck. Below are some pictures of my cover in case you were wondering.

Attachments

• 31EB8511-2059-4E22-BD68-EA1DAFB833A1.jpeg
    31EB8511-2059-4E22-BD68-EA1DAFB833A1.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 7EB0E65E-7094-42AB-AE50-8F4F81CA02FE.jpeg
    7EB0E65E-7094-42AB-AE50-8F4F81CA02FE.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 19
  • A80A1A93-DEB6-48E8-ABCA-39B76EAAAE3B.jpeg
    A80A1A93-DEB6-48E8-ABCA-39B76EAAAE3B.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

RBJ

Reaction score
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 DT (6 lug nuts) Limited Longhorn with both the RamBox storage system AND the Multi-Function Tailgate (MFT). It's a Crew Cab with the short bed (5' 7").

Most, if not all, other brands’ rubber bed mats will NOT fit a RAM with both RamBox and MFT.

I am interested in finding out if the Mopar truck bed mat is a precision cut drop-in for a RAM 1500 with the configuration described above.

Please advise if anyone has purchased this Bed Mat and if it’s a precision fit.

Mopar’s website: 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Limited Longhorn Crew Cab Bed Mat for 5' 7 Beds - 82215784AB | Libertyville IL

Bed Mat For 5' 7 Beds​

Part Number: 82215784AB
$151.20 (discount price).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Picking up my new 1500 tomorrow. First brand new truck, so I'm pretty stoked.

Looking for recommendations on floor mats, I live in new England and have constant salt/snow 5 months out of the year.

Looking for a tonneau cover that functions well. Will occasionally need to load items and have the tonneau partially open, so I am going back and forth between a retractable and a tri-flip.

Lastly looking for recommendations on a bed liner. Should I be looking into drop in or spay in? With an after market spray in will it void my warranty?

Thanks in advance!
Aftermarket spray in would not void your warranty. Doing or installing anything that damages your OEM parts would void the warranty for that part. You break it you buy it.
Would need to be very careful getting it done so it doesn't overspray on electronic connections.

People also like the bed carpet, and even the rubber mats.

I have Husky floor mats, they are really really good.

For a cover get an MX4. Can't be bear for a hard Tri\fold.
I have retractable and i'm not impressed with it. especially considering it was almost double the price of a trifold.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
If you’re going to do a Bed liner, go to linex! I had my bed sprayed by a small local shop in town, and it was done terribly…

Linex did my bumpers and rocker panels and it came out great.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go for the mopar floormats. My dad has them, they are a pretty thick heavy rubber. I want a pair myself.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the OE mats and they work great.

Had a cheap vinyl roll up cover. It was ok, but then upgraded to Syneticusa hard roll up up with T slots and their cross bars, and love it. Works great and holds my tent and all my gear.

I have the factory spray in liner... 👍🏻 Been looking at Bedrug mats. They make three versions. I'll probably get one of the padded options.

I hear a lot of negative on the drop in liners. I had one in a '94 Ram. That liner was in there over 20 years and not babied when I pulled it out to inspect. Paint looked new with a few exceptions of contact points worn to primer. So, yeah it hurt the paint, but wasn't terrible. Have one on the wife's '96 F150 now. I probably wouldn't consider one for a new truck though.

20230217_122922.jpg

Last edited:

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bedliner really depends on your truck usage. Spray-in if you are hauling gravel, lumber etc regularly. If just occasionally I absolutely recommend the full-bed BedRug product...amazing, durable and easy on the knees.

Mopar all weather floormats cannot be beat.

I use a soft cover Trifold...Extang Trifecta...about $400 on amazon, no water in my bed and super easy to flip and/or remove when necessary. Zero loss of bed space when you need it all.

RBJ

Reaction score
Bedliner really depends on your truck usage. Spray-in if you are hauling gravel, lumber etc regularly. If just occasionally I absolutely recommend the full-bed BedRug product...amazing, durable and easy on the knees.

Mopar all weather floormats cannot be beat.

I use a soft cover Trifold...Extang Trifecta...about $400 on amazon, no water in my bed and super easy to flip and/or remove when necessary. Zero loss of bed space when you need it all.
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 DT (6 lug nuts) Limited Longhorn with both the RamBox storage system AND the Multi-Function Tailgate (MFT). It's a Crew Cab with the short bed (5' 7").

Most, if not all, other brands’ rubber bed mats will NOT fit a RAM with both RamBox and MFT.

I am interested in finding out if the Mopar truck bed mat is a precision cut drop-in for a RAM 1500 with the configuration described above.

Please advise if anyone has purchased this Bed Mat and if it’s a precision fit.
Have you purchased the Mopar bed mat?

Mopar’s website: 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Limited Longhorn Crew Cab Bed Mat for 5' 7 Beds - 82215784AB | Libertyville IL

Bed Mat For 5' 7 Beds​

RBJ

Reaction score
Go for the mopar floormats. My dad has them, they are a pretty thick heavy rubber. I want a pair myself.

Please advise if anyone has purchased this Bed Mat and if it’s a precision fit. Is this the Mopar bed mat version your Dad purchased from Mopar?

Bed Mat For 5' 7 Beds​

Users who are viewing this thread