5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New procharger kit available for etorque hemi

Gotthehorns

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all of this info. Could you share the dyno sheets? Curious to see the hp/tq gains above stock at the lower rpm range.

I don't know how good of an idea it is to throw a procharger on if I also tow 8-9k lbs on a few trips a year with a loaded toy hauler.... But here I am lol. I brought the trailer home empty, and the sustained rpms made me reconsider if throwing a power adder will compromise the motor long term. Think it would make sense to upgrade the bypass valve or would that not save any stress at a consistent speed/load?

I'd love to slap a supercharger on instead of getting a garage toy, kills two birds with one stone. I just don't want to end up on the side of the road during a family vacation because "dad just couldn't keep it stock!"

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all of this info. Could you share the dyno sheets? Curious to see the hp/tq gains above stock at the lower rpm range.

I don't know how good of an idea it is to throw a procharger on if I also tow 8-9k lbs on a few trips a year with a loaded toy hauler.... But here I am lol. I brought the trailer home empty, and the sustained rpms made me reconsider if throwing a power adder will compromise the motor long term. Think it would make sense to upgrade the bypass valve or would that not save any stress at a consistent speed/load?

I'd love to slap a supercharger on instead of getting a garage toy, kills two birds with one stone. I just don't want to end up on the side of the road during a family vacation because "dad just couldn't keep it stock!"
I will try to locate my original Dyno sheet and most recent one so you can see the difference.

jmiller8605

Reaction score
Ellisstrong, how hard is it and what frequency do you have to change the oil on the vortech?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Ellisstrong, how hard is it and what frequency do you have to change the oil on the vortech?
You mean the procharger? It’s every 6000 miles and it’s simple if you install the drain tube to the bottom of the supercharger that they offer. Simple as twisting off the cap with a wrench and draining then refilling the unit with one bottle of new oil. Without the drain tube getting a wrench or socket onto the bottom of the supercharger without being able to see it was a task for me but doable.

HemiDude

Reaction score
@Ellisstrong, did you ever locate your dyno sheets? Now that I have an etorque, I need to consider whether s/c is in the future for this truck

Jmendo

Reaction score
I like mine.

Attachments

• signal-2022-04-11-16-41-11-328-5.jpg
    signal-2022-04-11-16-41-11-328-5.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 113
  • signal-2022-04-11-16-41-11-328-6.jpg
    signal-2022-04-11-16-41-11-328-6.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 111

HemiDude

Reaction score
I like mine.
That is a wild looking setup. What is the purpose of the second tube and filter (white one)? I have seen pics with just the one (red filter), yours appears to have a valve for additional intake?

HemiDude

Reaction score
I thought maybe that was it, but the filter threw me off. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread