5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New procharger kit available for etorque hemi

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
HO system- dedicated 8 rib supercharger drive system which keeps the engine drive belt separate from the supercharger system. Sweet!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HO system- dedicated 8 rib supercharger drive system which keeps the engine drive belt separate from the supercharger system. Sweet!
Hey, that’s my truck!

Talisman

Reaction score
Hey, that’s my truck!

Is it really? Can you comment on the performance improvement? What was the before and after dyno? Was anything besides the supercharger And a tune done to get your sumo numbers?

I’m extremely curious to see how supercharging affects the etorqued motors.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Is it really? Can you comment on the performance improvement? What was the before and after dyno? Was anything besides the supercharger And a tune done to get your sumo numbers?

I’m extremely curious to see how supercharging affects the etorqued motors.
Yeah it’s really mine. It added about 110 horsepower to the wheels. Still does everything the same as before but when you get on it you can tell it’s got a good bit more power. It doesn’t kick in until about 2500 rpm and up from there so it pulls really good and hard at the top of the rpm range. I like it because as long as I am just cruising it is just like it was previous. I haven’t tuned out the mds or anything. Still does start stop and all. I will be getting rid of the canned procharger tune at some point as I believe this kit is good for another 60-70 HP with a good tuner.

Talisman

Reaction score
Nice! Have you done any timed races?

Looks like my autocorrect went to town on my first post, I should’ve re-read it before posting.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Nice! Have you done any timed races?

Looks like my autocorrect went to town on my first post, I should’ve re-read it before posting.
Nope, no timed races. And not sure if I ever would honestly. I know for a fact that merging on the interstate is so much more fun! Also I’m averaging about 16.5 on the dash with a mix of city and highway driving and I’ve put about 4000 miles on it since I got it back from procharger. Including a 6.5 hour road trip and a 3.5 hour one.

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Hey Ellisstrong, thanks for the details, that's awesome that it rides smooth like stock til you get into a few pounds of boost around 2500rpm. What boost did you have it set at for 110hp to wheels? 6 - 7lbs?
If you have any video or pics including, a close up on belts, and some parked revving so we can hear the blow off valve noise with the hemi, I'd be thankful! I could only find alittle content of procharger kit on a newer Ram on youtube. Lots of chargers tho.
Did you end up going with helical gears or straight cut, a race bypass valve or the standard one in kit? whats it sound like with the magnaflow?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Hey Ellisstrong, thanks for the details, that's awesome that it rides smooth like stock til you get into a few pounds of boost around 2500rpm. What boost did you have it set at for 110hp to wheels? 6 - 7lbs?
If you have any video or pics including, a close up on belts, and some parked revving so we can hear the blow off valve noise with the hemi, I'd be thankful! I could only find alittle content of procharger kit on a newer Ram on youtube. Lots of chargers tho.
Did you end up going with helical gears or straight cut, a race bypass valve or the standard one in kit? whats it sound like with the magnaflow?
I can work on some videos and uploading them to YouTube. I made two road trips with it up to the panhandle area in the past month or so. Pensacola and Tallahassee. I have helical cut gears and a standard bypass valve and it’s running about 7 psi. Sounds great with the magnaflow. I had a afe momentum CAI and the magnaflow prior to the procharger and on the mustang dyno prior to the procharger I put down about 320 to the wheels which is about 15-20 higher than what they say they normally get to the wheels. After with the procharger I was at about 430 to the wheels. I’ll attach what picture I have.

Attachments

• 28D3F50A-60F5-4601-9360-D297EDF35472.jpeg
    28D3F50A-60F5-4601-9360-D297EDF35472.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 711
  • 477B89E9-0ADA-40FA-89A6-794C7C0A65E2.jpeg
    477B89E9-0ADA-40FA-89A6-794C7C0A65E2.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 702
  • FBBE43E4-31B2-4F06-8184-A57CB5C0DC06.jpeg
    FBBE43E4-31B2-4F06-8184-A57CB5C0DC06.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 692

Whtewolf1

Reaction score
whats your mpg like when just cruising at highway speed. also does the programmer the computer gets flashed with allow you to change the tire calibration for size.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
whats your mpg like when just cruising at highway speed. also does the programmer the computer gets flashed with allow you to change the tire calibration for size.
It literally gets like the same gas mileage I got before if I am cruising. 70 I can get about 19-20, 80 about 16. I haven’t tried anything with the programmer that came with it so I am not sure. I will have to go look at the model again but it’s a diablo sport tuner programmer.

Ranger

Reaction score
Any adds to torque numbers?? I saw the HP gains, just curious what the lb/ft gains are ...

Also, where does the head unit bracket bolt to? I'm interested in this system but have some other mods in the engine bay. Hoping I still have the room and mounting holes available for the bracket.

Thanks for the info thus far!

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Any adds to torque numbers?? I saw the HP gains, just curious what the lb/ft gains are ...

Also, where does the head unit bracket bolt to? I'm interested in this system but have some other mods in the engine bay. Hoping I still have the room and mounting holes available for the bracket.

Thanks for the info thus far!
I have to remember where I put my dyno sheet and I will give you that info! And I’ll get
The build instructions and tell you where it mounts.

e55amg2

Reaction score
I have to remember where I put my dyno sheet and I will give you that info! And I’ll get
The build instructions and tell you where it mounts.

Im also interested in power numbers. Another question, with the helical gears...is the blower quiet?

I swapped to the factory mopar intake a few months ago, and the sound on acceleration changed markedly (deeper and a LOT louder) with completely stock exhaust (same at cruise). Is the blower quiet until you're on it? or?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Im also interested in power numbers. Another question, with the helical gears...is the blower quiet?

I swapped to the factory mopar intake a few months ago, and the sound on acceleration changed markedly (deeper and a LOT louder) with completely stock exhaust (same at cruise). Is the blower quiet until you're on it? or?
Hey it’s pretty quiet, with just a hint of whistle. Don’t really hear it much to you get on and off of it. When the blow off happens after you get on it you get a nice bit of sound of course

Users who are viewing this thread