5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New problem to watch for

SupremeWill

Reaction score
This morning on my way to work my radio and screen turned off completely and disconnected my blue tooth. Within a few minutes it came back on. I just happen to be passing my local dealership and they had just opened so i swung in. My service advisor laughed and plugged up the truck. No codes were in the system so i got the normal "nothing we can do" answer.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Mine did the same around 1030EST. Uconnect turned off and immediately rebooted. No warning or notice that it was up to something but a software update seems logical (I hope).

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why did the service advisor laugh? I had something similar happen a long time ago, probably in September, but haven't had any issue since, especially after the big update in November

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Why did the service advisor laugh? I had something similar happen a long time ago, probably in September, but haven't had any issue since, especially after the big update in November

Because i keep having different issues. Been in five times for my brakes squealing. My interior light flicker. In the first few weeks the truck would go into neutral while in reverse backing up. The uniform answer has become "thats normal".
I dont think its funny at all....

Nick54

Reaction score
How do you find the software version you're running?

alangsam

Reaction score
Because i keep having different issues. Been in five times for my brakes squealing. My interior light flicker. In the first few weeks the truck would go into neutral while in reverse backing up. The uniform answer has become "thats normal".
I dont think its funny at all....
How do you like the 14” magnaflow muffler?

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Software version after my reboot is 18.23.29
Application version USA-IR-SBX-21.10.0-20180605-I09W. Don't know what it was before of course.

Zinger

Reaction score
Mine restarted today as well. It had to be some sort of update.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad im not the only one!

You aren't.

Began having this happen about three months ago. It occurs very infrequently but still annoying. On mine it usually occurs within 1-2 minutes after a start and always on the first start of the day. The Ram signature screen appears, then there's a pop in the audio and the screen is blank (black). Reboot itseld with 30 seconds or so.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010203 miles.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
You aren't.

Began having this happen about three months ago. It occurs very infrequently but still annoying. On mine it usually occurs within 1-2 minutes after a start and always on the first start of the day. The Ram signature screen appears, then there's a pop in the audio and the screen is blank (black). Reboot itseld with 30 seconds or so.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010203 miles.

Awesome

Users who are viewing this thread