5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gas mileage blows on the 5.7’s but it’s a very smooth engine and yeah like others said, wait 1, 5, 10k miles for it to break in completely. Regardless, sick truck and hope you really enjoy it. Welcome btw!

ahallag88

Reaction score
I will say gas mileage has slowly improved the more I drive. When I drove it home 35 minutes from the dealership, I got 15.8 mpg. It has increased about .25 mpg minimum on each tank of gas. And on the current tank, I have gotten 18 mpg averaging driving 75 mph, so that makes me a little happier.
As far as the engine goes, it is very smooth. Traded in a 2018 tacoma trd off road for it, so this is a huge improvement , and I absolutely love the interior and space that the new Rams offer.

I have been looking into some mods, but I am unsure exactly where to begin or what I even want to add to the truck yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/