5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner looking to mod

BSDT

Reaction score
Title says it all!!!! Not sure where to even begin, but I'm looking for any ideas on upgrades for my 2019 big horn. Right now I'm thinking of doing exhaust (would need suggestions on cat back vs muffler), tints, and maybe emblem black out. Let me know your thoughts on what good first mods are! I also want to get LED headlights, but don't want to spend the money on new housings if I can swing that. Will LEDs in the halogen reflector housing absolutely blind every last soul on the road or can I adjust them so I'm not getting cursed out and flipped off all the time? Looking forward to being here!!!!! IMG_7380.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
Tons of useful info here…hope you got the time to search! I will provide you with my $.02…

Muffler-depends on how loud you are looking to go I guess. I am running a Flowmaster Flow FX direct fit and am happy. Moderately loud, not crazy, plus I still have my resonators.
I had halogen bulbs, but recently upgraded to housings. Bulbs are great, just align them right. The LED bulbs should be at a 3 & 9 o’clock
Orientation in the housing to prevent inconsistent glare.
I also blacked out a selection of badges, and then topped some of them off with vinyl decals.

From your pic, you got a blank slate to go wild, brother…hood deflector, window visors, running boards, tow hooks…the list goes on.

Good luck, look forward to seeing the transformation! Congratulations!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vararam intake
Borla ATAK exhaust
Hellwig sway bar
Tint, to include full windshield
Just to get you started

BSDT

Reaction score
Hell yeah thanks for the advice everyone I'm super excited to get started on all of this!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to the pics as you go

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with Husker on the full tint & emphasize the ceramic tint. I have to have it on all my vehicles now.

Now, just to finally make that eye doc appt to make sure it’ll pass inspections. 🙄😎

BSDT

Reaction score
I agree with Husker on the full tint & emphasize the ceramic tint. I have to have it on all my vehicles now.

Now, just to finally make that eye doc appt to make sure it’ll pass inspections. 🙄😎
Oh yes, tint is definitely in my near future. Had it on my last car that I drove for 10 years, so it's a must for me. Thankfully VA doesn't check tint during inspections so I'll be good for that!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh yes, tint is definitely in my near future. Had it on my last car that I drove for 10 years, so it's a must for me. Thankfully VA doesn't check tint during inspections so I'll be good for that!

Have you tried the ceramic version tint yet, though? The company I go through has a display with UV lamps so that you can feel the difference between standard tint and ceramic. It makes a huge difference.

BSDT

Reaction score
Have you tried the ceramic version tint yet, though? The company I go through has a display with UV lamps so that you can feel the difference between standard tint and ceramic. It makes a huge difference.
No, I don't think my last tints were ceramic, but ceramic is definitely the plan. Right now I think I'm going with a tonneau cover and bed liner as the first things I'll do though. Functionality always comes first imo

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, I don't think my last tints were ceramic, but ceramic is definitely the plan. Right now I think I'm going with a tonneau cover and bed liner as the first things I'll do though. Functionality always comes first imo
As long as you don't do a drop in bed liner

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I agree. Tint is a huge functionality thing for me personally due to how much I drive & the times of day I'm driving (often directly into sunrise/sunset)while having sensitive eyes & not so much of an aesthetics thing. I wish it didn’t bother me as much, but now it’s the first thing I do before anything else. Plus it’s less expensive than whatever else I’m doing. The tonneau & rack shortly followed for me as well. Luckily, it already came with bed liner but I e been thinking of adding a mat to protect the liner itself as well.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same truck model and color as yours. Plenty of upgrades you can do.

Here is some of the upgrades that I have done so far:

1. BEDRUG 2019 RAM 6'4" BED W/OUT RAMBOX #BRT19SBK:
  2. RETRAXPRO MX RAM 2019 1500 6.5' (19) W/O STK PKT W/O RB #80245:
  3. Autographicspro.com AG5644 2019 2020 Dodge Ram Racing Stripes RALLY Hood Decals Tailgate Truck Vinyl Series: M22 Matte Deep Black - 3M 1080 Series:
  4. AG5645AGP-5646 2019 2020 Dodge Ram Stripes EDGE Side Door Decals Body Line Vinyl Series: M22 Matte Deep Black - 3M 1080 Series:
  5. Ionic 5" Stainless Curved Nerf Bars:
  6. (4) New 2019 Genuine OEM Factory Ram REBEL Pick-up Truck 1500 18 inch WHEELS TIRES:
  7. 35% Tint on Front Windows:
  8. Ram 1500 Quad Cab Chrome Body Molding 2019 - 2020 / CBM-300-5253-0809:
  9. BlackVue DR750S-1CH Single-Lens 1080p/60fps GPS WiFi Dashcam:
  10. Side Window Air Deflectors:
  11. Chrome Tow Hooks:
  12. (4) Fender Flares:
  13. 5th Gen 1500 LED Tails[Tail Style:Blackout without Blind Spot]:
  14. Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Chrome Body Molding:
  15. AlphaRex 19-20 Ram 1500 PRO-Series Projector Headlights Black:
  16. B2 Fabrication Muffler -DR-06 Moderate:
  17. RAM AirFlow Intake Kit:
  18. Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips:
  19. VVIVID Satin Chrome Titanium 6x5 Flag:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same truck model and color as yours. Plenty of upgrades you can do.

Here is some of the upgrades that I have done so far:

1. BEDRUG 2019 RAM 6'4" BED W/OUT RAMBOX #BRT19SBK:
  2. RETRAXPRO MX RAM 2019 1500 6.5' (19) W/O STK PKT W/O RB #80245:
  3. Autographicspro.com AG5644 2019 2020 Dodge Ram Racing Stripes RALLY Hood Decals Tailgate Truck Vinyl Series: M22 Matte Deep Black - 3M 1080 Series:
  4. AG5645AGP-5646 2019 2020 Dodge Ram Stripes EDGE Side Door Decals Body Line Vinyl Series: M22 Matte Deep Black - 3M 1080 Series:
  5. Ionic 5" Stainless Curved Nerf Bars:
  6. (4) New 2019 Genuine OEM Factory Ram REBEL Pick-up Truck 1500 18 inch WHEELS TIRES:
  7. 35% Tint on Front Windows:
  8. Ram 1500 Quad Cab Chrome Body Molding 2019 - 2020 / CBM-300-5253-0809:
  9. BlackVue DR750S-1CH Single-Lens 1080p/60fps GPS WiFi Dashcam:
  10. Side Window Air Deflectors:
  11. Chrome Tow Hooks:
  12. (4) Fender Flares:
  13. 5th Gen 1500 LED Tails[Tail Style:Blackout without Blind Spot]:
  14. Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Chrome Body Molding:
  15. AlphaRex 19-20 Ram 1500 PRO-Series Projector Headlights Black:
  16. B2 Fabrication Muffler -DR-06 Moderate:
  17. RAM AirFlow Intake Kit:
  18. Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips:
  19. VVIVID Satin Chrome Titanium 6x5 Flag:
My only critique on your truck, and I don't care what vehicle or who owns it, I will say same thing. Pick a set of stripes. If you do the racing stripes over the top, don't do stripes down the side. If you like the side stripes, skip the racing stripes. To me, it's too much having more than one style of vinyl stripes on the same vehicle. Otherwise I love it

BSDT

Reaction score
I agree. Tint is a huge functionality thing for me personally due to how much I drive & the times of day I'm driving (often directly into sunrise/sunset)while having sensitive eyes & not so much of an aesthetics thing. I wish it didn’t bother me as much, but now it’s the first thing I do before anything else. Plus it’s less expensive than whatever else I’m doing. The tonneau & rack shortly followed for me as well. Luckily, it already came with bed liner but I e been thinking of adding a mat to protect the liner itself as well.
You said you went with "full tint" and I'm wondering if you did any on the rear windows or just the fronts?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used ceramic tint & overlayed the rear windshield & windows 5% so that you can’t see in, the front windows 20%, & the windshield 50%. I don’t have a sunroof anymore or I would ceramic tint that also for sure.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used ceramic tint & overlayed the rear windshield & windows 5% so that you can’t see in, the front windows 20%, & the windshield 50%. I don’t have a sunroof anymore or I would ceramic tint that also for sure.
Awesome. I wish I could go that dark but I;m planning a move to TN and they won't allow anything darker than 35 on sides and rear and 70 on the windshield.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. I wish I could go that dark but I;m planning a move to TN and they won't allow anything darker than 35 on sides and rear and 70 on the windshield.

My state also only allows 35 on the front sides & nothing on the windshield. I’ve been planning on getting a prescription from the eye doctor so that way you get a pass on inspections but haven’t gotten around to it yet. That’s your ticket out if you can haggle it lol I used to have seizures caused by strobe lights & such so that is what I’m planning on telling them on top of my eye sensitivity.

Users who are viewing this thread