5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner and a Noob Question on Overhead Cargo/Bedlight

RDHose

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a 2020 1500, and I have been looking all over to try and figure out how to keep the bedlight that is in the 3rd taillight OFF when unlocking, opening the doors etc. It turns on no matter what. I can manually turn it off by pressing the light on the headlight knob and it will turn off then. But after I open the doors, or unlock the truck with the FOB they just come right back on. Is there any way for that overhead light switch to actually work as a normal switch? Where you press it to keep it off, and press it again to turn it on when needed? Looked all over the place to find this answer.

Thanks guys for your help in advance.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not possible to my knowledge. Could probably take the bulbs out and not have them and add the factory bed lights that work off that same knob switch or aftermarket bed lights on its own switch. Not sure if removing the bulbs would set a CEL, or flag it in the cluster as faulty bulb/light out alarm, but likely would.

RDHose

Reaction score
My two biggest peeves are this bedlight light issue, and the Auto Stop Start. I at least fix the Auto Stop Start with the Autostop Eliminator. Which I am really considering on picking up.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the options you have .. I can turn mine off when I exit, or have it on if I want --

1592008142121.png

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd have to actually run out and take a look .. do you have the rotary switches by chance? I think those also deal with it after getting everything setup.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whenever the illuminated Entry Off button is pushed, next time i unlock the car, all the interior and cargo light will not On.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/