5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner 2022 Ram Big Horn 1500

USNretired

Reaction score
One week into ownership and mostly pleased with my purchase. Having a problem with the Sirius XM trial. It worked for a week and now there is no sound and it seems frozen on the last channel I used. Did a search here and it seems lots of problems similar to mine dating back for years. I see people making multiple trips to the dealer for software updates and resets but I don't see there has been a solution. Seems crazy this has been going on for years. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the operation of the Uconnect system and it's not a system problem. The system also seems overly complicated. I'm an old guy but reasonably tech savy. I can see other seniors being totally intimidated by Uconnect.

If there's someone that has had this problem and beat it I'd love to hear the solution. Happy to be here and thanks in advance. Bob in Southwest Florida

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I've had very few problems with SiriusXM over many years and various makes and models.
Try reaching out to their customer service and having them refresh your receiver.

1 (866) 659-3961

You'll need your receiver ID from the stereo head unit - best to do while you're in the vehicle and make sure it is parked where it has clear view of the sky.

Best of luck!

USNretired

Reaction score
Thanks, I did a refresh online but I'll call them and try it again. All the best.

USNretired

Reaction score
Called my salesman at Capecoral Jeep Ram. He had me do a reset by pressing in the radio volume knob and the channel knob in for 20 seconds. It fixed my problem.

warz00

Reaction score
Called my salesman at Capecoral Jeep Ram. He had me do a reset by pressing in the radio volume knob and the channel knob in for 20 seconds. It fixed my problem.
That worked for me too - after doing it and getting the re boot, I got message like "searching for internet connection" for a few minutes - then the Sirius came back on

Thx for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread