5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Order - Two Tone Paint - thoughts please

RustyTank

Reaction score
Ordered a nearly loaded 2022 Rebel four weeks ago... Billet Silver Metallic over Black Two Tone... Dealer estimated 8-12 weeks to deliver...
Learned last week the truck is built and shipped, in my state as of the end of last week...
Inquired for the VIN to start discussion with insurance company... for giggles I put the VIN in the MOPAR dealer sticker lookup site... The sticker says MONOTONE PAINT!

So... called the sales guy... sales manager agrees mix-up on their end, not mine, build sheet I signed with sales guy clearly says Two-Tone...

Manager says they will make the truck two-tone... i.e. I guess sending to their paint/body shop to add the black to the bottom...

What are your thoughts? On one hand, I'm thinking ok... just add the paint... expense all theirs... BUT I wonder is it ok to spray over the original paint and clear coat? I'm concerned about future chipping, etc...

I'm in no-rush for the truck... I can wait... I'm a little bent about their attention to detail, and if I'm already paying out the ____ I want it "right"

What would you do?

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
You will regret it if you don’t get exactly what you want -JMO.

Abesosa

Reaction score
Another option is for long term change of mind is have them pay for it to be wrapped in gloss black where it would have been painted just in case you change your mind down the road. I can be indecisive . But if that doesn’t work just start a new build. It’s their problem

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would either have them order you another one that’s correct or discount it pretty well and just have it vinyl wrapped. The plus to that is the vinyl will act as protection from rock chips etc and is removable. I wouldn’t want them painting it myself in case they half *** the prep just to get it done with the truck sold and out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the patience to wait then I would re-order with the two-tone paint you want from factory. I personally would not trust a paint job after the fact.
If you don't feel like waiting then I would agree wrapping the bottom is the way to go, at the dealerships expense of course.

RustyTank

Reaction score
Talked with the sales manager... re-ordering in the morning tomorrow. Who would have thought I'd order two trucks in two months...lol!!! Thanks for the input... better to get it right!!!

Users who are viewing this thread