5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ontario Member Here (Canada)

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan and I'm a new member here (previous lurker) and I just picked up a 2019 Ram Sport 1500 in Blue Streak Pearl (as if my username didn't give it away lol). Loaded with a bunch of stuff including antislip, leather, panoroof and 12" screen amoung other items.

It was debate between the Classic (hydro blue and huge savings), a red/black Rebel and this truck. I quickly knocked out the Classic as they are a basic kind of truck and no factory autostart with I wont do without. So I debating between the last 2 remaining. As much as I liked the Rebel due to the height, bigger tires and 3.92 gears I just wanted a more equipped truck. The Rebel didn't have the panoroof or leather cooled seats (which are awesome by the way) and some other cool features. The Sport was def the better buy due to the fact I will not be offroading, dont tow a bunch when I do it's less then 3000lbs. Also the red interior is cool, but I think over time I would get bored with it and the coolness would wear off. Plus too much red in the seats, if it had the leather upgrade then it would have been a little better.

I do plan on changing the tires to KO2s or Duratracs, just working out a deal with tire shop to take these Duller HL tires before I get too many KM on the truck. Also getting an MX4 or G2 tonneau cover and maybe a leveling kit down the road but that wouldn't be for awhile. I just picked up the Mopar weathermats today, was debating between them, weathertech and husky. I really like the factory logos and that these are a rubber compound. Had the weather techs in my previous car and they are not bad but not a fan of the plastic type mold.

All in all I'm very happy. This is my 2nd Chrysler product. I did have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins. It was all jacked up 9" lift and with 38.5 Toyo Open Country loved it and miss it but too cumbersome for everyday driving.

Anyhow on to the pictures.

20190524_094845.jpg

20190524_094652.jpg 20190524_094719.jpg 20190525_140437.jpg 20190525_140411.jpg 20190525_140407.jpg 20190525_140421.jpg 20190525_140421.jpg 20190525_140451.jpg

Attachments

• 20190524_094845.jpg
    20190524_094845.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score

Thank you.. What tires do you have on that truck? Did you change from factory tire size. I want to keep my rims but change the tired. Got 275/55/20 and heard the Duller H/L tires are not the best in winter.

Welcome and that’s a sharp looking color.

Yeah thanks. I love the colour. I heard the blue streak pearl was going to be discounted not sure if that's true. Anyhow I love it. Was debating on the ivory tri-coat but it just looked white more the anything to me.

Ram619

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan and I'm a new member here (previous lurker) and I just picked up a 2019 Ram Sport 1500 in Blue Streak Pearl (as if my username didn't give it away lol). Loaded with a bunch of stuff including antislip, leather, panoroof and 12" screen amoung other items.

It was debate between the Classic (hydro blue and huge savings), a red/black Rebel and this truck. I quickly knocked out the Classic as they are a basic kind of truck and no factory autostart with I wont do without. So I debating between the last 2 remaining. As much as I liked the Rebel due to the height, bigger tires and 3.92 gears I just wanted a more equipped truck. The Rebel didn't have the panoroof or leather cooled seats (which are awesome by the way) and some other cool features. The Sport was def the better buy due to the fact I will not be offroading, dont tow a bunch when I do it's less then 3000lbs. Also the red interior is cool, but I think over time I would get bored with it and the coolness would wear off. Plus too much red in the seats, if it had the leather upgrade then it would have been a little better.

I do plan on changing the tires to KO2s or Duratracs, just working out a deal with tire shop to take these Duller HL tires before I get too many KM on the truck. Also getting an MX4 or G2 tonneau cover and maybe a leveling kit down the road but that wouldn't be for awhile. I just picked up the Mopar weathermats today, was debating between them, weathertech and husky. I really like the factory logos and that these are a rubber compound. Had the weather techs in my previous car and they are not bad but not a fan of the plastic type mold.

All in all I'm very happy. This is my 2nd Chrysler product. I did have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins. It was all jacked up 9" lift and with 38.5 Toyo Open Country loved it and miss it but too cumbersome for everyday driving.

View attachment 26398

View attachment 26397 View attachment 26399 View attachment 26401 View attachment 26402 View attachment 26403 View attachment 26404 View attachment 26404 View attachment 26405

Ram619

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

View attachment 26398

View attachment 26397 View attachment 26399 View attachment 26401 View attachment 26402 View attachment 26403 View attachment 26404 View attachment 26404 View attachment 26405
Nice truck man, love that color.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Gorgeous truck! I got the blue Streak as well, shined it up this morning;)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When you decide the tonneau cover get the MX4 as it allows opening and closing of tailgate without ever touching the tonneau whereas the G2 you have to open it before you close the tailgate.

Reaction score
When you decide the tonneau cover get the MX4 as it allows opening and closing of tailgate without ever touching the tonneau whereas the G2 you have to open it before you close the tailgate.

Hey,

Yep that's what I ended up getting. I had the G2 cover on my other truck but I wanted the convenience of the MX4. I picked up a great condition used one from a 2018. Its fits on the bed, I split difference between front and back and it looks great. I was going to get one specific for this year but read some post about the older style truck once fitting. Glad I did cause you wouldn't know the difference plus I saved myself $1100cdn getting this one.

Down the road I might get the one specific for the truck but really I dont think there would be much of a point. The size different was very minimal.

20190526_202335.jpg

20190526_202325.jpg

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Finish it off just get some stake pocket covers. I got some for mine off of ebay.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
$40 for 2 plus shipping from the US.

Do you remember how much and what seller you got from?

These are the ones I got. Thats about what I paid too but it looks so much better with them covered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread