5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Muffler - First Post

boonraker

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First time posting here - just bought my first truck in August (2020 1500 ltd - love it). Been reading the forum a while now and have some mods on the way. I’d like to thank all of you for sharing experience, insight, and opinions - invaluable as a first timer.

Anyway, onto my question:

I ordered a Flowmaster super 44 muffler with 3” offset inlet / 3” offset outlet (part#943048) - this seems to match our stock setup, but amazon and another site say it doesn’t fit the truck?
Can anyone speak to this or to muffler compatibility in general?

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First time posting here - just bought my first truck in August (2020 1500 ltd - love it). Been reading the forum a while now and have some mods on the way. I’d like to thank all of you for sharing experience, insight, and opinions - invaluable as a first timer.

I ordered a Flowmaster super 44 muffler with 3” offset inlet / 3” offset outlet (part#943048) - this seems to match our stock setup, but amazon and another site say it doesn’t fit the truck?

Should be right, but Amazon isn't always correct on their fitment guide, especially for universal mufflers. I would call your local muffler shop and confirm with them it's fine.

I have a Flowmaster Outlaw on mine, same 3" inlet & outlet.

boonraker

Reaction score
Should be right, but Amazon isn't always correct on their fitment guide, especially for universal mufflers. I would call your local muffler shop and confirm with them it's fine.

I have a Flowmaster Outlaw on mine, same 3" inlet & outlet.
Good to hear. Sound advice. Thank you!

huck1981

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

did the 3" double offset fit?

Bones

Reaction score
I have the same truck. The 3in center 3in center out works best per my muffler guy, but they can bend what is needed to fit. I have a 3in center in and offset out and it fit without problems

Users who are viewing this thread