5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mopar Air Intake - RamAir

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Anyone seen or installed this?

If you have installed, would you please provide your thoughts. Any change in mpg?

I noticed it on a YouTube video and it was new for the 2019 5th gen.

Attachments

• 92E6ED67-CBD3-4631-AEA0-5573DA1A2032.jpeg
    92E6ED67-CBD3-4631-AEA0-5573DA1A2032.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 447

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No info on it as of yet other than sometime in December. Many people including myself are anxiously waiting for release and what kind of performance gains it gives. Being similar to the Vararam for the 4th gens, 20+ hp is not out of the question. Between this, a catback, and a tuner, people could be looking at over/around 50hp gained.

billyraff

Reaction score
this intake paired up with magnaflow's new exhaust for the 5.7 will be awesome.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys, I hate to be the d bag here. I’m all about performance, and most of all efficiency. Efficiency come power gains. 5th gen factory intake is pretty top notch. Unless you plan on going big with cam , head work, internals, Forced induction, Ect.
I investigated & took a few pics and factory set up is way more efficient then previous gens. Besides the crap additional carbon/restriction filter. Huge surface area on air filter and intake box itself and large intake port. Even the factory air filter do will wonders.
I’m not telling how to spend your money.its all up to you all. If it makes ya feel good then do it. That’s all I can say

All I can do is guild you. For power/efficiency gains look at headers/y pipe even before cat-back stuff. Tat will e your most gains. Also the numbers of above . Those are 4th gen power numbers with headers/ & y pipe specially tuned to the vehicle.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow (Friday Oct 18th) or Saturday .. it is en-route according to the "manifest"

If I heard my parts guy right, it is currently in Des Moines, Iowa.

Users who are viewing this thread