5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Michigan Member

MCPT1

Reaction score
Traded in my 2005 Ford F150 which had been a reliable hauler for a 2019 1500 Limited with E torque. Will be used mainly for towing horses and motorcycles. hooked up the motorcycle trailer today to ensure all systems work, blind spot worked as advertised , truck sensed the trailer and expanded the blind spot, seems like it will be a great hauler, most luxurious vehicle I've owned. I've got a question regarding the tow/haul mode, manual doesn't say what that does, I assume it sets different shift points for the trans, does it also set the ride height on the air suspension? This forum has alredy been helpful in understanding this complex vehicle, I don't post often but will be lurking

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

Not sure about the air suspension, but yes tow/haul mode changes shift points.

It keeps the truck in gears longer to stay in the torque curve better, and picks a lower gear when descending hills, and when slowing down.

I do know you can use the air suspension for hooking up the trailer. It will lower under the ball and then rise up.

Glad to hear the blind spot and trailer detection worked well.

Anxious to hear more about your towing experiences.

Be sure to check out the towing section if you haven't already

Users who are viewing this thread