5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member...Serious Ram Issues.

kfkelly31

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Kyle. I drive a 2019 Dodge Ram Limited with eTorque and every available option that I know of. 2 year old $50k truck that is dead in my driveway and has left me stranded twice now. I installed a brand new battery yesterday. This morning I went out and started it up to allow it to warm up. When I went to get in I found the truck completely stone cold dead without any power to the dash or any of the systems. Almost as if it didn't even have a battery in it at all. This is less than 30 minutes after it starting without any signs of the brand new battery having any issues.

Last week I brought the vehicle in to the Ram Dealership here in Crystal Lake, Il to get the tires replaced and get an alignment done. The truck has been having issues both prior to that and after that like one of the side steps staying stuck in the down position. It just crossed over 60k miles and I have had it with this truck. My wifes 15 year old Nissan Rogue has 200k miles and that is what we are forced to drive around with. The navigation or uconnect systems have never functioned properly.

Somebody please help.

Limo21

Reaction score
Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry about your issues. To me, it sounds like you have some accessory draining your battery. If you have power steps, I'd disconnect all electrical connections and see if the battery still drains. Do this to all aftermarket accessories, but one at a time. Another possible culprit could be some light (interior/exterior) that never turns off. Good luck and I hope you find your issue.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe there is a known issue with the OEM power steps and/or the airbag self-leveling system draining the battery...

Last edited:

kfkelly31

Reaction score
Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry about your issues. To me, it sounds like you have some accessory draining your battery. If you have power steps, I'd disconnect all electrical connections and see if the battery still drains. Do this to all aftermarket accessories, but one at a time. Another possible culprit could be some light (interior/exterior) that never turns off. Good luck and I hope you find your issue.

Thanks Limo,

I have always thought "aftermarket" to mean stuff that is not original to the truck. Would the air ride suspension and electric running boards be the kind of aftermarket accessories you are referring to? There are no components of the truck outside of the tonneau cover (obviously not relevant here) that are not original to the truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Kyle. I drive a 2019 Dodge Ram Limited with eTorque and every available option that I know of. 2 year old $50k truck that is dead in my driveway and has left me stranded twice now. I installed a brand new battery yesterday. This morning I went out and started it up to allow it to warm up. When I went to get in I found the truck completely stone cold dead without any power to the dash or any of the systems. Almost as if it didn't even have a battery in it at all. This is less than 30 minutes after it starting without any signs of the brand new battery having any issues.

Last week I brought the vehicle in to the Ram Dealership here in Crystal Lake, Il to get the tires replaced and get an alignment done. The truck has been having issues both prior to that and after that like one of the side steps staying stuck in the down position. It just crossed over 60k miles and I have had it with this truck. My wifes 15 year old Nissan Rogue has 200k miles and that is what we are forced to drive around with. The navigation or uconnect systems have never functioned properly.

Somebody please help.
If you are having issues with the sidesteps not extending or retracting properly that could very well be causing your battery drain. Find your battery drain, then make sure battery is still good. Draining a battery until it's dead, even a brand new inez is hard on the battery, as it's not designed for that, u less it's a deep cycle battery. Could very easily kill a cell or two.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and hope you get your issue sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread