5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - Research before Buying RAM

7VII7

Reaction score
I am reading through a lot and trying to be ready to buy a RAM 1500.

I am in Northern VA and been talking to dealerships for a few months. I am trying to get into a LIMITED "buy once cry once" because I want to make sure I have all the options I want, unfortunately that is ringing up a $81k MSRP. I am talking to Mark Dodge and Koons but not much right now for LIMITED.

Excited to learn more and see how to buy the best RAM for the money.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
When I started seriously looking in 2022 I test drove a Laramie almost fully loaded. My salesman was able to get me into a Bighorn without sacrificing any of my wants and needs. Hopefully your sales person can be as straight forward with you. sit down with them and go over your want and needs to see if a lower trim level works for you. Good luck

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bighorn Night Edition. Heard they were the best. Just saying. :)

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I did my research and when I saw the Night Edition, my search ended. They had a deal and I was in it 48 hrs later. My only regret with my Bighorn is Halogens.. but I've since made a few lighting changes.

I'm a loader and I love my big payload on my Bighorn.

Good luck!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Maybe look at a Laramie and see if it has what you want .

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got the same thing you are looking for from Mark Dodge for around 66k (was 78k MSRP, but by the time I took delivery it was 81k, price protected)
You can get the affiliate discount I believe for another 1 % off, it costed either 50 or 100 I forget, there is a thread on here.
Mark Dodge is generally pretty good at letting you know what discounts you can try and get\stack, I worked with Sandi.

Don't bother buying locally, just fly down and drive it back imo.
I got home to MA in 2 and a half days.

Buy a pillow at Walmart, the headrests SUCK for sleeping in.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a pillow at Walmart, the headrests SUCK for sleeping in.
FACT. I sleep a lot in my ram due to long drives...I raise the headrest and use the pillow and its amazing how soundly I can sleep in my Laramie.

OP - I'd also agree that looking for a Laramie with the "Laramie Level 2 or B" package and Advanced Safety group is plenty cushy, techy and luxurious. Add Air Suspension too if you will be offroad or towing much. The rest of the Limited trim is largely cosmetic. Oh, the power running boards are pretty awesome too, but you can add that later.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
FACT. I sleep a lot in my ram due to long drives...I raise the headrest and use the pillow and its amazing how soundly I can sleep in my Laramie.
You can also take the headrests out of the front seat and flip them backwards so you can lay more flat, another thing I didn't know until after. The pillow was first thing after the first night in my truck though.

A Laramie can't or couldn't before get everything on a Limited as Ram doesn't allow you to mix some packages. If OP wants fully loaded then he will be stuck in a Limited. Also stuff like reclining rear seats and a bunch of other things they removed from the Laramie through 22-23
If he doesn't care about heads up display he can probably swing it in a Laramie, but will be extremely close in price with similarly optioned anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online