5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member of the FCA family

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
So, I have never considered a Ram/Dodge product before. I've driven several (mostly rentals), and was never a fan of them - cars or trucks. I traded in a Silverado early last year for a Toyota Camry (driving over 100 miles a day for work), and while it worked great, it was extremely boring. I love vehicles, and everything they do, but I just couldn't care about that car. It got me from point A to point B while sipping on gas, and that was it. It was excellent for the need I had, but I just couldn't bring myself to give a crap about it.

Fast forward to last month, we've moved closer to my work, I don't drive as often, and then my family and I went back to Reno to visit friends and family, and we rented a Charger. I really enjoyed that car. Great layout inside, peppy and collected on the road (V6). So, I started looking into the Rams (I've always wanted back into a truck). I test drove a Rebel, and I was sold, instantly. The interior is fantastic, the Hemi is a pleasure (40mpg to 16/17mpg is something I'm just going to have to ignore... lol), it rides like a dream, it's a useful vehicle (wife traded down for a smaller, more economical crossover that can't tow our camper), and I just thoroughly love it. I'm just impressed overall with everything they've done to it. I have 2 kids and 3 60ish lb dogs, and it fits all of us w/out issue.

So, I traded my Camry in for the Rebel and waved good riddance to that thing as the dealer drove it away. If I want to drive a car, I still have my modded 2001 Audi S4 (twin-turbo 2.7L V6 6-speed AWD). I daily drive my truck, and will do so everywhere!

Now I've found my way here, and it's dangerous, seeing all the things I can do to my truck... lol. Great info found on the trailer brake install, as that's the only thing I didn't get that I wanted, but I'm an electronics tech, and I've done all my own work on the Audi, so I'll be able to tackle it easily.
0e2927a7c1d0852caed2b727d4d4fb84.jpg
c7ab87a5ca1c4c0f1eb8cda09f7bd9db.jpg

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Is that a breakfast sandwich in the upper cubby? :p

My Ram is my first FCA product. I'm in love with the Hemi.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome! Is that a breakfast sandwich in the upper cubby? :p

^^^ This ^^^
My third RAM truck (first was the small V8 in the early 2000s (4.7 I think?), second one a 2006 2500 diesel).
Really love the Hemi, specially with the MF exhaust :LOL:

Welcome to the forums BTW!

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
Welcome! Is that a breakfast sandwich in the upper cubby?

Haha! It's a bound demon made of yarn, that my buddy brought me from Thailand. I've had it in my last 2 vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, any photos of the Audi both interior and exterior ?

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
Welcome, any photos of the Audi both interior and exterior ?
Not in a long time. It's currently gathering dust in my shop. I have to replace the battery - alternator cable and all grounds, I haven't put a new bumper or fender yet (lowered cars don't like steep driveways). I have an old exterior pic from when it was still clean. Only change to the exterior is the orange reflectors in the lights are gone (euro-spec housings).

The only interior modification I've done is add a weighted shift knob when I did the short throw shifter mod, whose lettering is red instead of the stock white. All black leather with wood grain trim.
005e0bc1476d704b093af11fbbbe00a5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread