5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member & New Ram

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Whats up guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Im a new member out of Modesto, California and I have a new 2021 Ram Rebel on the way that I ordered a few days ago. I was told it should arrive in the next two months. It will be my first brand new vehicle. My current vehicle is also the first vehicle I owned, its a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Getting tired of the slow V6 and uncomfortable ride the Jeep has. Ive been looking at a lot of different trucks for about a year, I almost sold on a 2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4x until my dad purchased a 2020 Ram 3500 Limited with the HO Cummins. I fell in love with the truck and wanted my own I could daily drive and take on some mild off-roading.
I was looking at the TRX but I couldn't picture myself spending $90k on a pickup. Looked at the Power Wagon but I didn't feel like I could daily it without running someone over. Finally looked at the Rebel and LOVED it. I got the non-etorque Hemi, Ram-boxes, Rebel-12 package with the Harmon-Kardon system and most importantly, I got the red interior. Cant wait for it to get here so I can take her on some trails.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 12.09.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 12.09.43 PM.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4648.jpg
    IMG_4648.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 29

MRam2020

Reaction score
Did the Jeep life for a few years and had a blast on the trails. But long family road trips wore me out in a lifted Jeep. I have been researching Ram trucks for over a year and finally traded in the 2017 Jeep JKU. Absolutely love my Ram truck and have a laundry list of mods coming. Currently running a 2” leveling kit with KMC 20x12 XD Pike Titanium wheels with Toyo Open Country A/T 33x12.5 Tires. LineX Bedliner and Peragon bed cover coming soon.

Attachments

• 93022A73-9BBE-452D-8C46-FFDEF613E7F8.jpeg
    93022A73-9BBE-452D-8C46-FFDEF613E7F8.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 30
  • 508005A2-65C7-4115-A9E0-10D7C77B09B8.jpeg
    508005A2-65C7-4115-A9E0-10D7C77B09B8.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 1DD7A6BC-39C1-4B2E-9DB0-509F06DC75E4.jpeg
    1DD7A6BC-39C1-4B2E-9DB0-509F06DC75E4.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 043AB635-D4BD-41B9-A306-9367996A7F51.jpeg
    043AB635-D4BD-41B9-A306-9367996A7F51.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 35

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Did the Jeep life for a few years and had a blast on the trails. But long family road trips wore me out in a lifted Jeep. I have been researching Ram trucks for over a year and finally traded in the 2017 Jeep JKU. Absolutely love my Ram truck and have a laundry list of mods coming. Currently running a 2” leveling kit with KMC 20x12 XD Pike Titanium wheels with Toyo Open Country A/T 33x12.5 Tires. LineX Bedliner and Peragon bed cover coming soon.
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
And same here too man, I like taking long trips but my Jeep is like driving a milk crate on wheels. Your ram looks amazing

MRam2020

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
And same here too man, I like taking long trips but my Jeep is like driving a milk crate on wheels. Your ram looks amazing
Thank you! Loving my Ram so far and really looking forward to future mods.
Going off road in the Jeep was incredible, by far it is the most capable off road vehicle I have ever owned. However, on road trips... it was like you said “milk crate”...lol

fwdyogi

Reaction score
Whats up guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Im a new member out of Modesto, California and I have a new 2021 Ram Rebel on the way that I ordered a few days ago. I was told it should arrive in the next two months. It will be my first brand new vehicle. My current vehicle is also the first vehicle I owned, its a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Getting tired of the slow V6 and uncomfortable ride the Jeep has. Ive been looking at a lot of different trucks for about a year, I almost sold on a 2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4x until my dad purchased a 2020 Ram 3500 Limited with the HO Cummins. I fell in love with the truck and wanted my own I could daily drive and take on some mild off-roading.
I was looking at the TRX but I couldn't picture myself spending $90k on a pickup. Looked at the Power Wagon but I didn't feel like I could daily it without running someone over. Finally looked at the Rebel and LOVED it. I got the non-etorque Hemi, Ram-boxes, Rebel-12 package with the Harmon-Kardon system and most importantly, I got the red interior. Cant wait for it to get here so I can take her on some trails.

fwdyogi

Reaction score
I was looking at the TRX but I couldn't picture myself spending $90k on a pickup. Looked at the Power Wagon but I didn't feel like I could daily it without running someone over. Finally looked at the Rebel and LOVED it. I got the non-etorque Hemi, Ram-boxes, Rebel-12 package with the Harmon-Kardon system and most importantly, I got the red interior. Cant wait for it to get here so I can take her on some trails

Hello, can I ask what dealer you're buying your new Rebel through? I live in the Sacramento area and will be ordering a 2021 as well. So far have only talked to Elk Grove Dodge and their price is MSRP, minus dealer discount of $5000 and whatever incentives are available when it arrives. Wasn't sure if that's pretty standard for most dealers or not. Thinking of waiting to see what kinds (if any) of deals will be available in the beginning of the new year.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Same here... 8 years daily driving a lifted JKU will wear you out. Other than parking hassles compared to the Jeep, the Ram is smoooth. I also am kinda worn out with the whole modding scene that I went through with the Jeep, so I'm trying to keep my Ram stock to prevent the mod / lift mania that inflicted me.

We had to drive two vehicles last year on one of our vacations and my wife drove the Wrangler for the first time on a long highway trip and she was worn out after a couple hours on the interstate. She said it was like wrestling a bear. That contributed to her being willing to finally let me trade it.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Hello, can I ask what dealer you're buying your new Rebel through? I live in the Sacramento area and will be ordering a 2021 as well. So far have only talked to Elk Grove Dodge and their price is MSRP, minus dealer discount of $5000 and whatever incentives are available when it arrives. Wasn't sure if that's pretty standard for most dealers or not. Thinking of waiting to see what kinds (if any) of deals will be available in the beginning of the new year.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I ordered mines through Central Vally Jeep Dodge Ram. I didn't ask about any incentives when I ordered because I don't know if they'll still be available when the truck arrives. So for right now, i'm looking at MSRP.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Same here... 8 years daily driving a lifted JKU will wear you out. Other than parking hassles compared to the Jeep, the Ram is smoooth. I also am kinda worn out with the whole modding scene that I went through with the Jeep, so I'm trying to keep my Ram stock to prevent the mod / lift mania that inflicted me.

We had to drive two vehicles last year on one of our vacations and my wife drove the Wrangler for the first time on a long highway trip and she was worn out after a couple hours on the interstate. She said it was like wrestling a bear. That contributed to her being willing to finally let me trade it.
Thanks! And exactly my point LOL! When I bought the Jeep from the previous owner, it had some wobble, not too much to complain about. After about a year of owning it, the wobble got worse and I finally did some front end work...Teraflex HD steering components did the trick! Felt like a new Jeep on the road....for about a year. Now i'm back where I started lol. This will be the last lifted vehicle I own.

Users who are viewing this thread