5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member looking to buy a 1500

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Hey folks, new member from California here. I have been looking to buy a low mileage 2019 or 2020 Laramie 1500. But there are not many choices out there (nationwide!). I picked the wrong time to buy a truck.

Frank

Last edited:

TheMopars

Reaction score
Yeah, the used truck market prices in SoCal ( assuming nationwide too) have sky rocketed and inventory in general is
pretty low for new and used. I considered selling my Laramie but got such a good deal when I bought it (MSRP $50k,
paid $34.5 before TTL) I figured I couldn't replace for anything close to that with such low inventories in SoCal.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Thanks all, I will take a look at 2021 models again. I guess I need to get better at negotiating :) When I approached local dealers they started with 'let's see what discounts you qualify for' and I got discouraged as they were talking about things I did not qualify for (e.g already owning an FCA vehicle).

Did I read that right, TheMopars, $34.5 for a truck MSPRed at $50k 😲

TheMopars

Reaction score
Did I read that right, TheMopars, $34.5 for a truck MSPRed at $50k 😲

Yeah, it was definitely timing. Jan 2020 and it was a brand new 2019 with 3 miles on it. They had it listed for $38.5k on their website. I offered $32.5k and they replied $36.5k so I replied I'd meet them in the middle at $34.5k and they said yes. To be honest I wasn't even shopping for a RAM but test drove it when I was there looking at Gladiators and loved it. So I was in a take
or leave it frame of mind. I did it all via the internet after the test drive by clicking the "get our best price button". That and negotiating deals is pretty much what I do for a living. PreCovid helped a bunch too. It was an $8k rebate and $7.5k discount.

TheMopars

Reaction score
Where are you located? They have four 2020 Limiteds right now with close to $8k discount plus rebates putting them
in the $51-53k range. All eco diesels. Once those rebates go up on the 2020's I'm sure you could any one of them
for under $50k.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Where are you located? They have four 2020 Limiteds right now with close to $8k discount plus rebates putting them
in the $51-53k range. All eco diesels. Once those rebates go up on the 2020's I'm sure you could any one of them
for under $50k.
I am in North California. I did look at 2020 models. I am interested in Laramie crewcab with 6.4 feet bed. And unfortutanly not many with the long bed. I see one 60 miles away but MSRP is 68K and at best they would offer 60K and that is way more than I want to spend on it. I guess I will keep looking around.

Edit: I will also check out the Quad Cab options. Those have enough room in the back for what I need.

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I am in North California. I did look at 2020 models. I am interested in Laramie crewcab with 6.4 feet bed. And unfortutanly not many with the long bed. I see one 60 miles away but MSRP is 68K and at best they would offer 60K and that is way more than I want to spend on it. I guess I will keep looking around.

Edit: I will also check out the Quad Cab options. Those have enough room in the back for what I need.
I live on the edge of LA county so the search box stretches from Bakersfield to Santa Barbara to Barstow to San Diego for me, and there are six 2020s with the 6' bed in Laramie or better. This dealership shows a couple. https://www.puentehillsdodge.com/ne...90.1464667907.1611166240-594377647.1605907885

EDIT: if you're flexible on trim levels, I see 165 2020s with the long bed. Cheapest is a strippo Bighorn $38480 msrp.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Thanks Richard, I am talking to a few dealers who have 2020 and 2019 models. I think in there somewhere there is a 1500 Laramie for me.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Thank you all. Yeah it is an import back from Canada, 2019 Laramie, 20k miles and good price. There is so much to learn about the controls and Uconnect etc. I hope to take my family for a long drive soon. I need to order a bed cover and boy, there are so many choices!

Users who are viewing this thread