5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Looking At Rams

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Hello all. I joined the forum over the weekend as I'm looking into purchasing a Ram 1500. I'm looking to spend around $45k-$46.5k out the door. I tried to get a Laramie at that price at two different dealerships. Both were a no go and suggested I look at a Big Horn instead. One of the dealers has a '21 Big Horn Night Edition coming in this week that I may look at. Hopefully we can make a deal.

Wsmith

Reaction score
A similar post on here with responses. I ended up with a big horn. There are two thing I would have changed. I didn't hold out for the upgraded LED's, big mistake, it is the best $995 you can add to the truck. I didn't get the MFT, I wish I would have. I did get the 33 gallon tank, I would not have bought it if it did not have that tank. Mine was $52,5ish MSRP, I got 10 K off, OTD was in your ballpark Around $46K. I would have readily spent the additional $2 K if could have found one with the LED's and MFT.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
A similar post on here with responses. I ended up with a big horn. There are two thing I would have changed. I didn't hold out for the upgraded LED's, big mistake, it is the best $995 you can add to the truck. I didn't get the MFT, I wish I would have. I did get the 33 gallon tank, I would not have bought it if it did not have that tank. Mine was $52,5ish MSRP, I got 10 K off, OTD was in your ballpark Around $46K. I would have readily spent the additional $2 K if could have found one with the LED's and MFT.

The one I'm looking at has the BH level 2, Night Edition, LED lighting package, 3.92 rear end, rubber floor mats, and trailer brake control. MSRP is $52,895. Using the same offer math the dealership used for the Laramie I was looking at, their OTD price should be about $45,700.

Wsmith

Reaction score
The one I'm looking at has the BH level 2, Night Edition, LED lighting package, 3.92 rear end, rubber floor mats, and trailer brake control. MSRP is $52,895. Using the same offer math the dealership used for the Laramie I was looking at, their OTD price should be about $45,700.
That's a fair deal, I was looking at 2 Laramie's as well. The reason I didn't jump was at the time discounts were more than double for the bighorn. My Laramie price of 57 would have been well over 50K OTD. I got $6,500 off the Bighorn and only $3,000 off the Laramie.

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
How far are you willing to search for the truck you want? I couldn't find any Laramies I wanted in my area for under 45k, I had to drive 320 miles one way to another state to get my Laramie, which I got for 38k. A one way rental car for 50.00 and a 12 hour round trip road trip was well worth it.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger last night on a 2020 1500 Big Horn. It's got the Big Horn Level 2, premium lighting, UConnect 12, Alpine speaker upgrade, 3.92 rear end, 20" rims/tires, 5.7L eTorque, 23 gallon tank, trailer brake control, and blind spot monitoring. MSRP was $55,840 and I paid $45,655 out the door.

Megaman

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger last night on a 2020 1500 Big Horn. It's got the Big Horn Level 2, premium lighting, UConnect 12, Alpine speaker upgrade, 3.92 rear end, 20" rims/tires, 5.7L eTorque, 23 gallon tank, trailer brake control, and blind spot monitoring. MSRP was $55,840 and I paid $45,655 out the door.
You got it for that price out the door?!? That sounds like a great deal to me! With a MSRP of over 55K, you must have only paid around 40K for the truck at that price plus the taxes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread