5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Looking at '22 Ram 1500

ScottyJ

Reaction score
New member here. Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500. Had a couple of Dakota's previously. Looking at a new 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn quad cab with the 6'-4" bed. One thing I noticed is the "night" version of these all come with the shorter running boards. According to the service tech at the dealer Ram is not making a black wheel to wheel running board. They are still making the wheel to wheel chrome which is what I have on my truck. Anyone happen to know where I can get a black wheel to wheel running board that does NOT require drilling? The ones I've seen say "some drilling may be required". Rather not start drilling holes on a brand new truck.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
These trucks come with the studs mounted under the truck so any aftermarket boards should fit.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New member here. Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500. Had a couple of Dakota's previously. Looking at a new 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn quad cab with the 6'-4" bed. One thing I noticed is the "night" version of these all come with the shorter running boards. According to the service tech at the dealer Ram is not making a black wheel to wheel running board. They are still making the wheel to wheel chrome which is what I have on my truck. Anyone happen to know where I can get a black wheel to wheel running board that does NOT require drilling? The ones I've seen say "some drilling may be required". Rather not start drilling holes on a brand new truck.
Welcome! Can you paste links to the specific ones you were looking at that say drilling is required?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
APS makes iboard wheel to wheel and are available at realtruck.com. I like mine. They have them for crew or quad.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well hey, if you already have the OEM wheel to wheel, and am happy with it, have it LineX’d, or powder coated black.
I considered doing this, until I ended buying chrome wheels. Just a thought. Good luck in your decision!

ScottyJ

Reaction score
Well hey, if you already have the OEM wheel to wheel, and am happy with it, have it LineX’d, or powder coated black.
I considered doing this, until I ended buying chrome wheels. Just a thought. Good luck in your decision!
I thought about doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online