5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member Long Island, NY

Uncle John

Reaction score
I traded my 2011 Laramie Longhorn in a year ago for a '21 Jeep Grand Cherokee because they gave me a great trade-in price. The Jeep is very nice, but it is no Ram, so I am looking to trade my Jeep in for a 2022 Ram. Sticker shock over what they are going for now compared to 12 years ago. Looking to get a Big Horn since I do not need all the other bells and whistles the higher levels have (and can't afford them). Curious to see what others are paying for 2022 Rams - over sticker? Under sticker? Are prices till insane?

Keep your Jeep Cherokee. Your going to get bent over trading that in after only 1 year. I paid $40k for my BH in April of 2020. MSRP was $53k. Now people are paying MSRP & sometimes more. It's the worst time in history to be buying a car or a house. I don't understand why anyone would buy either? Americans are addicted to immediate gratification. Wait it out unless u like being taken to the cleaners ! 🤣

Welcome!

When it comes to situations like these, use your wallet to dictate how dealers should act. While paying MSRP has become the norm, don’t pay a penny over that. When you do, you are signaling to dealers and manufacturers that they aren’t charging enough and can increase prices more. Of course that is a collective effort, but consumers need to shift the tide on what is happening right now.

That being said, used car prices will continue to be high for a couple more years according to the CEO and Chief Data Analyst from Black Book. Since their livelihood depends on them being ahead of market trends, I tend to see some merit in what they’re saying. While you would lose a good amount of money depending on how much you’ve paid off on the vehicle, your trade-in price will be high for a while. However and just like BigD mentioned, my opinion is that if you don’t need to buy a new vehicle, don’t.

Welcome! You could always trade the Jeep in on a gently used Big Horn. Used trucks are still expensive, but you might find what you are looking for at $10k or so less than a new one would cost you

Thanks for the replies, all. I guess I will wait it out since I am in no rush. Hopefully, things get back to "normal" sooner than later. Because that Night Edition Ram is very enticing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back