5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Jumping back to a fullsize

juicegoose

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Currently starting to research out different fullsize pickups to replace my old reliable Honda Ridgeline. Ya I know hate on that truck all you want but it was a great pickup and served my needs well. It's been almost 20 years and 285,000 miles and it's getting close to time to get a new truck. As my family has grown the kids are getting taller and midsize pickup just doesn't fit the bill anymore.
Top on my list right now is the Ram Limited with Rambox, MFT, and air ride suspension. Looking forward to learning more about the current dodges and excited to see what the 2025 has to offer.

Thanks,

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . There’s only 4 choices now for 1/2 tons . I would suggest to try them all . The Ram is the nicest to me but with the price of trucks now a days it’s better to be certain .

juicegoose

Reaction score
Thanks bud. I have already taken the GMC and Chevy products off my list. I tend to do a lot of research on a big car purchase and the chevy/gmc products just don't hold up. The fords although nice just don't seem to hold up either. The new tundra is nice but again expensive for what you get.
I will for sure be driving them all though.
For me I need something with a large cab, Good ride, and at the same time has good storage. I Golf more then anything these days and so the rambox and cargo divider along with MFt tailgate are really drawing me in.
I do wish the MPG was better. Maybe the new Hurricane engine will improve that.

chewmeista

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Currently starting to research out different fullsize pickups to replace my old reliable Honda Ridgeline. Ya I know hate on that truck all you want but it was a great pickup and served my needs well. It's been almost 20 years and 285,000 miles and it's getting close to time to get a new truck. As my family has grown the kids are getting taller and midsize pickup just doesn't fit the bill anymore.
Top on my list right now is the Ram Limited with Rambox, MFT, and air ride suspension. Looking forward to learning more about the current dodges and excited to see what the 2025 has to offer.

Thanks,
I literally just traded in my ridgeline for a 2020 Ram 1500 bighorn about a week ago. The only problem I'm dealing with now is my seat is hurting my back a lot, but I know that I'm in the minority on this. Everything else is great with it.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Maybe but why pay that much for a Ford just to have it break all the time. I mean They are nice when new but i've just had to many friends and family have major issues all under 100k. They just seem to fall apart.

Not likely, a Ford would be an better choice for that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe but why pay that much for a Ford just to have it break all the time. I mean They are nice when new but i've just had to many friends and family have major issues all under 100k. They just seem to fall apart.
No manufacture is perfect. If you are looking for mpg avoid a Ram. Even Chevy run circles around Ram for MPG.
That said you are looking at Ramboxes, MFT, and Air suspension. I have all 3 and each one is amazing.

Reliability, Luxury, MPG. Pick 2 because you are not getting all 3.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Ya my old ridgeline gets 15-17 so MPG isn't a big factor.
Honestly it'll be a pavement princess with the occasional duck hunts or dove hunts. mostly be a family truck for baseball games and golf for me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ya my old ridgeline gets 15-17 so MPG isn't a big factor.
Honestly it'll be a pavement princess with the occasional duck hunts or dove hunts. mostly be a family truck for baseball games and golf for me.
IMO just get an Limited with the options you wanted then.
If you want to be an "offroad" looking guy (rofl) just buy some large AT tires and put them on.
A PW would be a waste of money for what you do with not really any bonuses.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Ya now i'm just going down the rabbit hole of 3.21 or 3.92, Locking rear or limited slip or both. hahahahah

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ya now i'm just going down the rabbit hole of 3.21 or 3.92, Locking rear or limited slip or both. hahahahah
E Locker is complete differnet then limited slip and for differnet reasons.
For you use you would have no reason for e locker.

In theory 3.21s would be better for you based upon your use case also.

juicegoose

Reaction score
I had actually started thinking of opting out of the 4x4 for a 2x4 and going the e locker route and limited slip just for a litle extra traction in case i needed it.
From what I've researched i don't think 2x4 compared to 4x4 MPG takes that much of a hit

Users who are viewing this thread