5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member joining for my neice

bucko2855

Reaction score
Hi!
Im joining this site since my neice just bought her 2020 Ram 1500 with the V6 3.6L engine. She's so happy with the truck and I have to say how impressed i am with my first look at the truck. I am the family wrench turner so I am going to learn as much as i can about Ram trucks to help her maintain it.

Any suggestions regarding mainetence, warranty issues others have had to deal with wouldbe greatly appreciated. Her truck is the 1500 Quad cab in Night Edition in Maximum Steel Metallic.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Welcome!

Based on more than a year's worth of reading here.... watch for problems with the 12" screen, if equipped. Next up is noises from the automatic noise cancelling system acting up. Hopefully, they've fixed the programming on that since there has been two TSBs on it. Then there's the AC performance. A lot of people complain that it doesn't get cold enough. And it's almost universal that with the AC on for an extended time, especially cruising on the freeway, that every so often the recirculate door moves on its own and the fan speeds up. Or sounds louder. Whatever. Speculation is that it's programmed that way since it is very consistent, but nobody's ever been able to get a solid answer as to whether it is to flush stale low oxygen air out or whether it is to defrost the evaporator, There are also a fair amount of wind noise problems and suspension creaks. Learn to use the search function whenever she calls you with a complaint. You may find the answer.

bucko2855

Reaction score
Welcome!

Based on more than a year's worth of reading here.... watch for problems with the 12" screen, if equipped. Next up is noises from the automatic noise cancelling system acting up. Hopefully, they've fixed the programming on that since there has been two TSBs on it. Then there's the AC performance. A lot of people complain that it doesn't get cold enough. And it's almost universal that with the AC on for an extended time, especially cruising on the freeway, that every so often the recirculate door moves on its own and the fan speeds up. Or sounds louder. Whatever. Speculation is that it's programmed that way since it is very consistent, but nobody's ever been able to get a solid answer as to whether it is to flush stale low oxygen air out or whether it is to defrost the evaporator, There are also a fair amount of wind noise problems and suspension creaks. Learn to use the search function whenever she calls you with a complaint. You may find the answer.
thats fantastic thank you so much!!!! Im going to start a list myself on common issues to watch for as well I look forward to sharing and learning from this site!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, the rear window cracking is a vertical crack line on the top horizontal piece of the interior plastic bezel on either side of the power sliding window. There are pics on this site and videos online if you search.

The AC -should- be fixed if a build date in August 2020 or later.

Check for tight tie rid end nuts, fuses pushed in tight in the fuse box by the battery, and if tailgate cables are same length (there is a TSB).

Look up leaking 3rd brake light, lots of info. I have not had a problem yet but am going to change it soon preemptively with a rubber gasket and some clear silicone RTV (I hear factory gasket is small and foam not rubber).

bucko2855

Reaction score
thank you just to make sure any trucks after august 2020 shouldnt have the AC problem?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi!
Im joining this site since my neice just bought her 2020 Ram 1500 with the V6 3.6L engine. She's so happy with the truck and I have to say how impressed i am with my first look at the truck. I am the family wrench turner so I am going to learn as much as i can about Ram trucks to help her maintain it.

Any suggestions regarding mainetence, warranty issues others have had to deal with wouldbe greatly appreciated. Her truck is the 1500 Quad cab in Night Edition in Maximum Steel Metallic.
I can understand and appreciate the enthusiasm, but you're setting your niece up for a potential disaster. People generally come to forums when they have a problem. Therefore, most of the threads are about problems people are having with their vehicles. Some people, such as yourself (and myself if I'm being honest) come to see what kinds of problems people are seeing. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. The problems start when these people begin to expect to see these problems on their own trucks. They're just waiting for problems to happen instead of enjoying their new vehicle. You're in a position to affect her ownership experience. If you don't want her to worry about things breaking on her truck, do her a favor and don't ask her if her rear window has water on the inside, or if her 12 inch display is working right, or if her backup camera is working, or if her AC cold enough...etc. Do her a favor and keep these things to yourself. You can always provide her with helpful information if she ever sees any of the common problems people report here. There's no need to worry her about things that might happen, but probably won't.

bucko2855

Reaction score
I can understand and appreciate the enthusiasm, but you're setting your niece up for a potential disaster. People generally come to forums when they have a problem. Therefore, most of the threads are about problems people are having with their vehicles. Some people, such as yourself (and myself if I'm being honest) come to see what kinds of problems people are seeing. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. The problems start when these people begin to expect to see these problems on their own trucks. They're just waiting for problems to happen instead of enjoying their new vehicle. You're in a position to affect her ownership experience. If you don't want her to worry about things breaking on her truck, do her a favor and don't ask her if her rear window has water on the inside, or if her 12 inch display is working right, or if her backup camera is working, or if her AC cold enough...etc. Do her a favor and keep these things to yourself. You can always provide her with helpful information if she ever sees any of the common problems people report here. There's no need to worry her about things that might happen, but probably won't.
hahahahah funny you should say that Thats exactly what my purpose is . I am the filter that looks after watching for these things without her knowing what i am looking at all she thinks i am doing are oil changes

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you just to make sure any trucks after august 2020 shouldnt have the AC problem?
The TSB is for July 31 and prior builds. So theoretical Aug 1 and later should be fine. My build is Aug 10 but it has not been hot enough to use AC since I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread