5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Intro

space_mtn

Reaction score
Hi All - traded in my 2007 Accord for a 2019 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab. This is my first new car in 13 years and my first truck. My wife loves it too, especially all the room. Our first trip was to Costco where we fit everything including TP, paper towel, kleenex, 2 kids in car seats, and a rotisserie chicken in the back seat. I did a lot of reading and YouTubing on the Ramboxes in addition to playing with them at dealerships. I do not view them as a gimmick and look forward to the extra dry storage, extra power outlet, and permanent place for my 2 piece fishing poles and tackle box:) I already found a used bed divider/extender on OfferUp nearby for less than $100.

There were a few hiccups along the way. The sales manager who wrote the deal was fired a few days before I closed, but the dealer honored the agreed upon price. I also needed the V61/V71 recall fix performed on the truck before they could sell it to me. It was manufactured in April 2019, but the VIN was still flagged with the airbag/searbelt pretensioner issue.

I did my homework beforehand and had an index card filled with extended warranty prices from chryslerfactoryplans.com. The finance guy couldn't get within $1,000 especially after applying the PAYINFULL promo code. So big thanks to all you who did the hard work for me on these blogs. Reading about your experiences made me feel more confident this was the truck for me. Too many comments and reviews out there are from angry and jaded people, but this forum seems like the opposite.

Attachments

• 20190607_193947.jpg
    20190607_193947.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190607_194002_LI.jpg
    20190607_194002_LI.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 12
congrats on the new truck and welcome to the community

Welcome, congrats on the truck!

Hi All - traded in my 2007 Accord for a 2019 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab. This is my first new car in 13 years and my first truck. My wife loves it too, especially all the room. Our first trip was to Costco where we fit everything including TP, paper towel, kleenex, 2 kids in car seats, and a rotisserie chicken in the back seat. I did a lot of reading and YouTubing on the Ramboxes in addition to playing with them at dealerships. I do not view them as a gimmick and look forward to the extra dry storage, extra power outlet, and permanent place for my 2 piece fishing poles and tackle box:) I already found a used bed divider/extender on OfferUp nearby for less than $100.

There were a few hiccups along the way. The sales manager who wrote the deal was fired a few days before I closed, but the dealer honored the agreed upon price. I also needed the V61/V71 recall fix performed on the truck before they could sell it to me. It was manufactured in April 2019, but the VIN was still flagged with the airbag/searbelt pretensioner issue.

I did my homework beforehand and had an index card filled with extended warranty prices from chryslerfactoryplans.com. The finance guy couldn't get within $1,000 especially after applying the PAYINFULL promo code. So big thanks to all you who did the hard work for me on these blogs. Reading about your experiences made me feel more confident this was the truck for me. Too many comments and reviews out there are from angry and jaded people, but this forum seems like the opposite.
Glad you like it. The RamBoxes are a neat concept. Great that the dealer honored the price.
The forum is much more civil than my old F150 flamout one.

Welcome. I bought mine to haul the family around (among other things). Plenty of space bewteen the two car seats for an adult to sit too, which is nice. And to think I was actually considering a used minivan before seeing these trucks in person. :oops:

Welcome. Glad to hear you’re liking the truck!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back