5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member in Arkansas

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
Hello!

I decided to join the forum to follow everything 5th Gen!

I am on my 2nd new ram in under 3 months. I bought a brand new 2018 1500 Express in early September 2018 after my 2013 Silverado blew the engine. I do a lot of driving to get to work, and put 3500 miles on it in four weeks. I quickly gained a love for this truck, even though I used to bleed Chevy blue.

On October 6, I was at the intersection of highway 65 and 265. I turned southbound on to 65 and bam. A guy was trying to beat the red light, failed miserably and t-boned me going over 65 mph. I luckily only suffered a concussion and a broken collarbone from my momentum against the seat belt. I opted to have a plate put on my collarbone, and two months later I am nearly back to 100%.

With my love and admiration for Ram cemented after my poor 2018 saved me from far more serious injuries, I was calling the dealer the day after I got home from the hospital to order a new 2019 1500. Since my gap insurance erased my debt carried over from my Silverado, I decided to special order exactly what I wanted. After all, I often spend just as much time in the cab of my truck as I do awake at home with my family in the evening.

I took receipt of it on November 30. It is a 2019 Big Horn, Crew Cab 4wd Hemi. No E-torque (call me old fashioned, I don't trust it like I do the tried and true hemi). North edition, 33 gallon fuel tank, 3.92 e-locker, level 2 equipment group with heated seats, steering wheel and 8.4 uconnect, and most excitedly RAMBOX!

I've put 400 miles on it in two days, and it is breaking in nicely. I have been the only driver other that the guys that put it on and took it off the truck. I even got to experience the burning smell of assembly lube. I LOVE IT. I'm looking forward to hundreds of thousands of miles on this one, and am excited to join all of you.

C.E.

Attachments

• IMG_20180908_165849.jpg
    IMG_20180908_165849.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • jpeg-imag.jpg
    jpeg-imag.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20181130_191142.jpg
    IMG_20181130_191142.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum glad you walked away from the accident. Look forward to seeing your new ride.

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Arkansan. Sounds like other than color (mines black) and my ram box envy our trucks are very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread