5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Here - Over from the Ford side!

Andoskyy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for all the info, the site was a great resource in my search!

Just picked up a 2019 1500 Limited on Monday. Traded in my 2015 F150 Platinum. Main reason for the switch was ride quality. The ol' leaf springs were beating me up pretty bad. Tried a bigger sidewall, lower PSI, 500lbs in the bed, but just didn't do it for me.

As the winter potholes and frost heaves were getting worse, I decided to go test drive the Ram and was blown away. I had the air suspension on my 2014 Grand Cherokee, but seems even better in the Ram!

Was clearly hooked after the test drive. Chatted with a few dealers, and one made me an offer I couldn't pass up...gave me more than I expected for the trade and a pretty healthy discount overall.

Anyway, here's what I got:

Limited Crew Cab 4x4 - Granite Crystal
Hemi - no e-Torque
Body color bumper group
Level 1 group with HK Stereo and safety tech
3.92 Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential
Pano Sunroof
20" rims - Didn't want 22's due to ride quality

Looking forward to being a member and contributing where I can!

-Andrew

Attachments

• 0c3ec202-afb3-4175-bb5f-9258001bf9c9.jpg
    0c3ec202-afb3-4175-bb5f-9258001bf9c9.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 57

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome onboard and hope that you have many days of happy Ram motoring..

JayMann

Reaction score
you left out the most important part of owning a truck!!

Short bed (5 foot something) or long bed (6 foot something)?

wwalljr

Reaction score
I’m a recent convert too. Fords all my life. Just traded in my beloved 14 F150 for a Laramie Sport. So far I’m very pleased, but the Ford is still a heck of a nice truck.

Andoskyy

Reaction score
you left out the most important part of owning a truck!!

Short bed (5 foot something) or long bed (6 foot something)?

short bed. It wouldn't fit in my garage otherwise, and was also all I could find locally.

Andoskyy

Reaction score
Ford was great. No major complaints besides the harsh ride. Sync infotainment was pretty slow, but not much was done through it, so didnt really bother me.

I will miss those massaging seats though!! haha

I don't have brand loyalty...whatever brand fits my needs/wants gets my business!

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Welcome Andoskyy!! As you are finding out there are several of us Ford guys that have migrated to the RAM. I too drove F-150s my entire life and don't regret a one of 'em. I was turned off by the overall staleness of the interior design of the Fords. Before I bought the RAM I went back to my ford dealer that I've always purchased from, looked at a new one and really couldn't tell I wasn't in my 2013.
Again welcome and enjoy that nice RAM, I'm about 4000 miles in and really enjoy driving it.

JayMann

Reaction score
Ford was great. No major complaints besides the harsh ride. Sync infotainment was pretty slow, but not much was done through it, so didnt really bother me.

I will miss those massaging seats though!! haha

I don't have brand loyalty...whatever brand fits my needs/wants gets my business!

same here - I was split between Ford and Ram for interior. (Although Ford's was a bit dated, it is still nice compared to Chevy's haha)

I REALLY like the look of the trail boss too. My perfect truck would be a mix of F150/Trail Boss exterior with the RAM's interior.

drsubie

Reaction score
Congrats, welcome as others have said. I converted from a '12 F150 FX4 short bed ecoboost. Though I don't really remember what that stock F150 drove like (I vaguely remember it was big and floaty like a boat), I quickly put on some King coilovers, spring helpers, front intercooler and 5 star tune. Kind of made the truck less comfortable (the Kings made it handle great, but it was much firmer than stock).

As you've mentioned, the Ram's interior creature comforts and OEM ride (I have a Limited w/ air suspension) is leagues above my generation F150. I also wanted to get all the latest safety features that I didn't have on the Ford.

One thing that has been disappointing to me, however, is the HORRIBLE gas mileage I'm getting on the Ram. With the F150, I'd probably get ~14mpg driving ~80% city 20% hwy w/ aftermarket Goodyear Duratracs. With my RAM w/ 5.7L hemi and OEM 22" all season tires, after 6000 miles, driving similar ratio I'm lucky to be low 12's mph using premium gas. I had to do a double take on the mpg ratings that Ram put out--I think they must have bought the EPA folks many rounds of beers to get them to rate it at 17/22mpg (19 mixed)....

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ex - 2016 F150 King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost owner. Not a dissatisfied Ford owner. I switch back and forth every couple of years. Already have my sights on the new 7.3 gasser F250 that's coming out in the next year or 2. Plenty happy with the Ram at the moment.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Welcome, You will be a happy convert I suspect. Looks like you choose the right color too, Maximum Steel;)

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great choice! You'll enjoy it for sure. Will be nice to hear how your feelings as you get some miles on the RAM.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2019 1500 Limited on Monday. Traded in my 2015 F150 Platinum. Main reason for the switch was ride quality. The ol' leaf springs were beating me up pretty bad. Tried a bigger sidewall, lower PSI, 500lbs in the bed, but just didn't do it for me.

As the winter potholes and frost heaves were getting worse, I decided to go test drive the Ram and was blown away. I had the air suspension on my 2014 Grand Cherokee, but seems even better in the Ram!

Was clearly hooked after the test drive. Chatted with a few dealers, and one made me an offer I couldn't pass up...gave me more than I expected for the trade and a pretty healthy discount overall.

Hemi - no e-Torque
Body color bumper group
3.92 Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential
Pano Sunroof

-Andrew
Welcome .
I went a similar route, but 4x2, and e-torque. Same basic reason, but traded in a '05 Duramax. Rough roads were killing the wife and I.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hemi - no e-Torque
Body color bumper group
3.92 Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential
Pano Sunroof

-Andrew
Nice Truck. Welcome aboard and glad you switched from the blue oval

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online