5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from near Buffalo, NY

FlyinBrass

Reaction score
New member from near Buffalo, NY. I just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Sport with the Off-Road Package, in Granite Crystal Metallic It has a the 5.7 Hemi (not the e-torque version) and 3.21 axle. I added the MOPAR side steps and the drop in bed liner. This replaces a 2009 Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab 4.7L V8 4x4, which replaced a 1999 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 5.9L V8 4x4.

Attachments

• Truck01.jpg
    Truck01.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Truck03.jpg
    Truck03.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Truck04.jpg
    Truck04.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 25

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
Nice truck. I see you have the old, old plates too! I never liked the yellow plates and I'm glad I could keep mine.
Enjoy the truck!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Buffalonian. Truck looks very nice and, I agree, Granite Crystal Metallic is a great color. I ordered my Ram through West-Herr. What dealership did you used to purchase your Ram?

FlyinBrass

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Buffalonian. Truck looks very nice and, I agree, Granite Crystal Metallic is a great color. I ordered my Ram through West-Herr. What dealership did you used to purchase your Ram?
Thanks! I bought it from Towne in Hamburg. They had a green Built-to-Serve that I had my eye on, but it sold a few days before I came in to buy this one. I had to add on the side steps and bed liner after the fact to make it mostly equivalent. The Built-to-Serve had the V6, where the Big Horn had the V8, so I'm glad I ended up with the one that I did.

FlyinBrass

Reaction score
Nice truck. I see you have the old, old plates too! I never liked the yellow plates and I'm glad I could keep mine.
Enjoy the truck!
I'm planning on keeping the plates as long as the state lets me. At least they aren't de-laminating and disintegrating like a lot of the plates are.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I bought it from Towne in Hamburg. They had a green Built-to-Serve that I had my eye on, but it sold a few days before I came in to buy this one. I had to add on the side steps and bed liner after the fact to make it mostly equivalent. The Built-to-Serve had the V6, where the Big Horn had the V8, so I'm glad I ended up with the one that I did.

Back in 1974, when Towne was only a Lincoln Mercury dealership on Orchard Park Road (next to Leisure Rinks), my wife and I ordered from them a Mercury Cougar XR7 with a 351 Cobra Jet engine. That was the first year the Cougar moved from a pony car to an immediate size. We already had a 1967 Mustang and a 1970 Challenger so we needed something a little bit bigger yet still sporty.

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
Back in 1974, when Towne was only a Lincoln Mercury dealership on Orchard Park Road (next to Leisure Rinks), my wife and I ordered from them a Mercury Cougar XR7 with a 351 Cobra Jet engine. That was the first year the Cougar moved from a pony car to an immediate size. We already had a 1967 Mustang and a 1970 Challenger so we needed something a little bit bigger yet still sporty.

Grew up playing hockey at Leisure!

Users who are viewing this thread