5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from Minnesota; Questions about warranty and winter protection

RamOrGoat

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi etorque Bighorn Sport with level 2 group, tow package, ground protection group. It has the smaller head unit, heated seats/steering wheel, remote start, pano sun/moon roof, mopar running boards, 3.92 axle, and a class IV hitch. It was a certified pre-owned. So far it's great! I have a few questions.

Warranty:
I went for the dealer's offered warranty, which is EasyCare Total Care. I understand this might have been a mistake.
  • Should I consider canceling it to swicth to the Mopar Max Care through Zeigler or another provider?
  • Who else is worth looking at for Max Care?

Basic upgrades for winter protection:
I just want a truck that works and will last. It's got plenty of power and capability for me so I'm not looking at lifts or performance upgrades. I would like to keep it nice for years to come through Minnesota winters. I'm considering rear wheel well liners, front/rear mud flaps, and undercoating:
  • Liners/Mudflaps: I'm leaning towards the Mopar liners and Mopar heavy duty mudflaps over husky/weather tech options. Does anyone have feedback on which way to go?
  • Undercoating: I'm looking for Fluid Film/Wool Wax or similar. I'm avoiding Ziebart (asphalt coating) or any rubber coating (line-x etc). In the Twin Cities metro area, it looks like my options are Carson Undercoating or Minnesota Automotive in **** Rapids.
Thanks for your feedback!

BTB123

Reaction score
Welcome from CO. Personally, I stay away from warranties that are sold by a dealer. It tends to really limit your options.
I bought the Ram warranty. Mainly due to all the electronics on the truck.
Yes, if it were me, I would cancel and go with the Ram warranty.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I obtained my Mopar factory warranty from Jason Edmonson ([email protected]), you can see in my signature which warranties I bought and what I paid in 2020. I haven't had to use my warranty yet, so I can't vouch for how well it will works, but buying it from Jason Edmonson was easy enough.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Husky is a part of our family of brands. They offer outstanding protection through products that are built to last. The Husky Liners Custom Molded Mud Flaps are a custom design to fit your exact vehicle and they include a limited lifetime warranty. They pair perfectly with the Husky Liners Rear Wheel Well Liners. Each of these products are impact resistant, easy to install and protect the exposed underbody of your truck from debris and harsh weather conditions. If you have any questions on fitment, availability, ship times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I waited about 10 months and 10,000 miles before I got my 8 year - 100K Max Care warranty from Granger it was the least expensive at the time at $1850.

Mud flaps, I went with the WeatherTech. I do think the Husky look better but the WeatherTechs had squared off corners which I felt would protect the truck better. I realize I'm splitting hairs here and I don't think you would go wrong with either one. 20220805_131701.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi etorque Bighorn Sport with level 2 group, tow package, ground protection group. It has the smaller head unit, heated seats/steering wheel, remote start, pano sun/moon roof, mopar running boards, 3.92 axle, and a class IV hitch. It was a certified pre-owned. So far it's great! I have a few questions.

Warranty:
I went for the dealer's offered warranty, which is EasyCare Total Care. I understand this might have been a mistake.
  • Should I consider canceling it to swicth to the Mopar Max Care through Zeigler or another provider?
  • Who else is worth looking at for Max Care?

Basic upgrades for winter protection:
I just want a truck that works and will last. It's got plenty of power and capability for me so I'm not looking at lifts or performance upgrades. I would like to keep it nice for years to come through Minnesota winters. I'm considering rear wheel well liners, front/rear mud flaps, and undercoating:
  • Liners/Mudflaps: I'm leaning towards the Mopar liners and Mopar heavy duty mudflaps over husky/weather tech options. Does anyone have feedback on which way to go?
  • Undercoating: I'm looking for Fluid Film/Wool Wax or similar. I'm avoiding Ziebart (asphalt coating) or any rubber coating (line-x etc). In the Twin Cities metro area, it looks like my options are Carson Undercoating or Minnesota Automotive in **** Rapids.
Thanks for your feedback!
I'd avoid the Mopar mudflaps and to the Husky molded ones.

As for undercoating, not sure if this is available in your area, but it's really gaining traction locally

Users who are viewing this thread