5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from GA

rbusbee

Reaction score
I've got a '22 Big Horn that I've had for just over a year. I had a red, '96 1500 V8 about 20 years ago when I was a teenager. Ever since I had to let that old Dodge go, I had wanted another one. I drove a '19 for a while before getting my current '22 last November.

Like a lot of people (I think), I found this site when I was researching Uconnect upgrades. When I was buying my current truck, I liked the 12" screen and Surround View cameras, but I just couldn't justify to myself paying tens of thousands more dollars for what I considered convenience items. Also, I've always enjoyed building computers and dabbled with coding. So, I figured there must be a way to just do this myself.

I think I've gotten a lot of good information from all of you. I'm going to start with the 12" screen replacement. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like the module for my 8.4 w/Nav will support the 12.1. So, it's just a matter of getting the screen and bezel, and, it sounds like, programming it with Alfaobd.

The one thing right now that gives me some trepidation is the anti-theft system/code. I assume if I've got serial numbers for my parts and Alfaobd, I'm good. (At least I hope that's case!)

I'll be sure to share my experience on here, and I'm sure I'll have questions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/