5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - Brand new 2020 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab 2WD Hemi 5.7

2020RamHemiNewb

Reaction score
Hello Ram Peeps,

I have made the switch!!! I am a lifelong GM guy who finally gave up on the quality GM was producing now days. I had 2012 GMC Sierra that was paid for, but was nickle and diming me to death with inferior parts made in Mexico. Stupid stuff was breaking like the door handle cable, power window switches, multiple thermostats, 3rd break light gasket leaking, etc...
The new body style of the 2019 RAM got my attention when it won Motor Trend truck of the year, dethroning the F150. I was super impressed with the huge touch screen, but didn't want to buy the first year of the new production run fearing software bugs. So I have been waiting 2 years to buy my new truck. I took full advantage of the COVID drop in sales, and basically bought a $56k truck for $42 from the small town dealer where I live in rural Florida.
Since I bought my truck a month ago (July 11th) I have added a Rhino liner, a tri-fold hard Tonneau cover, had the windows tinted to match the back to include a front windshield visor (important in FL), 5 inch wide chrome step bars, and in-channel window rain guards.
So far I have 1500 miles on my new truck, and I have to say I simply love it. I am so glad I made the switch and I am not disappointed. I just hope I still feel that way in 10 years. I love the 8 speed transmission, I love the responsiveness of the Hemi, I love the beautiful interior and layout of the gauges and touchability of every control on the steering wheel / touchscreen / etc...
3 things I am disappointed with are: 1) the model I bought did not come with the adaptive cruise control, I thought a $56k truck would be standard, I would like to have gotten a 4x4 for that price point, and the cruise control has to be turned on every time you use it.
I am looking to add 2 features to my new truck if you all could advise me: I want to add a cold air induction to add 40HP to get me to 400HP, and I want an exhaust system that is slightly throatier that stock, but not Magnaflow loud. I live in a subdivision and don't want to wake my neighbors, so please give me suggestions.

Jim

Attachments

• 20200711_RAM.jpg
    20200711_RAM.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread