5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member and new truck

mikach28

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 and loving it so far.
It is getting tinted today and line-x applied Thursday.
Intake comes next week and next month I will look at exhausts.
Wife drives this with the kids often so I can't have any drone noise.... I will be searching this site for exhaust recommendations!

Attachments

• IMG_0589 (1).jpg
    IMG_0589 (1).jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 63

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Nice looking truck!!!

I'm thinking about going with the Mopar Performance Exhaust.

Last edited:

mikach28

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. What black lugs is everyone using? I always ran Gorilla lugs but I've seen some different ones on here.

ScottishRAM

Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride. Don't forget to check out Bonus Drive for a $250 rebate! Can you say free money?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Nice Truck and congrats, I had the Flowmaster FLOWfx muffler on my 2018 Rebel and it didn't have any drone, I highly recommend it.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck and looks like you’re well on your way with mods. I’d give the Corsa or Mopar exhaust a look.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and nice ride! Remember intake will make exhaust slightly louder. It’s all individuals perspective. I have b2 fab “14 muffler bolt on. I like it , wife and kids like it. Drone... I’d say no, noise while cruising highway. Then yes I know it’s there. At the same, others with same set up say they don’t even hear it. Maybe my truck needs to stay at dealer to get that looked at too idk lol

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck for sure. What do you think of the Mopar steps? Curious as to how far they stick out.

robsmack01

Reaction score
Really nice looking truck! Is that a Laramie with 22" wheel upgrade? Ive always installed a new catback system in all my cars and trucks. This time I went to a muffler shop and had them weld on a 10 series flowmaster. Its pretty loud but if you want less noise theres the 40 series. If you want super loud you can do a straight pipe. $200 total for muffler and install compared to 700-1000 for full system is the reason, but im happy with it. Of course i couldnt leave well enough alone and upgraded to Mopar 5" tips which was another $300 lol

mikach28

Reaction score
Really nice looking truck! Is that a Laramie with 22" wheel upgrade? Ive always installed a new catback system in all my cars and trucks. This time I went to a muffler shop and had them weld on a 10 series flowmaster. Its pretty loud but if you want less noise theres the 40 series. If you want super loud you can do a straight pipe. $200 total for muffler and install compared to 700-1000 for full system is the reason, but im happy with it. Of course i couldnt leave well enough alone and upgraded to Mopar 5" tips which was another $300 lol
Yea the "night edition" on the Laramie had 22's on it. I'm not complaining, I think they look cool like the old SRT style wheels. I have to wait a month or so before I pull the trigger on the exhaust. I think I might save up and go for a full Corsa system. I plan on having this truck for a long time.

mtbiker033

Reaction score
dude, truck looks SICK!

I think Granite looks the best blacked out I swear!

mikach28

Reaction score
Line X liner and KN cold air intake installed... shes getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread