5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member (3rd Ram)!!

doublenichols

Reaction score
Black on Black fully loaded 2019 Ram Limited! ...Can't imagine driving any other truck!! ...Glad to be among like drivers! ! Does anybody else's running boards extend and retract sometimes after initially driving away? Weird.
Ram LTD.jpg RAM LTD II.jpg Ram LTD.jpg RAM LTD II.jpg

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice and welcome! Yes, there are some comments on this forum mentioning the running boards. Seems the consensus was if you enter the truck but wait to put into gear they will fold up faster than entering your truck and immediately putting in gear while they are still out, they will then be delayed folding up therefore doing so after you have already started moving.

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Welcome to the RAM-ily and thanks for joining us!!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice and welcome! Yes, there are some comments on this forum mentioning the running boards. Seems the consensus was if you enter the truck but wait to put into gear they will fold up faster than entering your truck and immediately putting in gear while they are still out, they will then be delayed folding up therefore doing so after you have already started moving.

I don't remember the details, but I do recall my sales guy telling me before I test-drove a 2019 Limited that had just rolled off the transport trailer that part of the new-vehicle prep was to take the vehicle out of "transport mode", which included some sort of special mode for the electric steps. Could that be a factor here?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't remember the details, but I do recall my sales guy telling me before I test-drove a 2019 Limited that had just rolled off the transport trailer that part of the new-vehicle prep was to take the vehicle out of "transport mode", which included some sort of special mode for the electric steps. Could that be a factor here?
That is possible, I’m not sure if deplorable boards would be affected by a transport mode. Generally, they are either on or off. I would think for transport they would just be turned off altogether?

doublenichols

Reaction score

Actually, I always wait to hear the boards retract before I pull off. What I'm hearing is that AFTER I drive away, I hear them extend and retract AGAIN. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it leaves me scratching my head!!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, I always wait to hear the boards retract before I pull off. What I'm hearing is that AFTER I drive away, I hear them extend and retract AGAIN. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it leaves me scratching my head!!
Yeh that is interesting, haven’t heard that one. Let us know if you find something out, be curious to know!

Users who are viewing this thread