5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"New" member - 23 Ram Rebel

AlexCP67

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have posted here a couple times here already but wanted to finally introduce myself. I purchased my first truck ever about a month ago and i couldn't be happier!

Little background, I first started looking at tacomas a few years back but was more involved in cars that i can track and less interested in trucks. My coworkers and some friends started overlanding recently so with that peaking my insterest and the fact that i am now financially in a spot where i am comfortable spending money on a vehicle, i started to seriously look into trucks. I first started to look for used Tacos but my coworked, who already owned one, convinced me to look at something bigger. I started sizing up Tundras, Chevy trail boss, and Rams. At first i had a serious interest in Tundras because of my past experiences and love for Toyotas. Drove a Tundra and it was nice but the best way to explain it, boring to drive. Drove a tail boss and it just felt dated inside. My boss then bought a TRX, gave me the keys and said "go rip on it." Obviously it was love at first WOT but the interior really had me looking at Ram. Now it would be cool to own a TRX, but i'm over the forced induction phase. It may be reliable stock but doubtful i would leave it stock where there is easy power to be made and for what i want to do it just didn't make sense (plus i live in CA, gas is expensive and i have a heavy foot when there is power on tap... i don't need that temptation.)

I started looking at Rebels, found a few used and for the price decided there was no reason NOT to drop another 10k into buying new. After about a month of looking for a granite Rebel, traveling up to 80mi around SoCal and getting my chain pulled by a couple of dealers, i found a black on night 5.7 eTorque with the 12in display on order/in route at one of my local dealers. I was told it was already at the port waiting to be delivered to the dealership so i put my deposit down. I patiently waited about a week before i finally received the call. Went in on a Tues, test drove the car and took it home that night.

Now that i have had the truck for about a month and a half, here is my list of mods in order.
Matte screen protector
Center console organizer
Raptor grill lights and TRX under bed rear lights (i know i know, but i like the look)
Westin Outlaw nerf/step bars
LineX Premium spray liner
Dee Zee strap points x8
Dee Zee bed mat
I also hard wired in my dashcam and bought a rear view mirror mount for my radar.

After daily driving sports cars my whole life, it was a huge change going to a truck. I do find my stress level to be a lot lower now when driving as i dont feel like everyone is actively trying to kill me anymore (no one pays attention out here) and when driving a truck, it's so much easier to be in cruise mode. I love my HK stereo though i wish it didn't permanently reduce the volume of my audio evertime i get a MS Teams notification. I have also received so many positive comments on the interior and back seats/room. No regrets on my decision to go with a Rebel.

Not going to promise i'm going to be super active on here but i do appreciate everyone who does post. There has been tons of useful information on this forum!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!

robman3387

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I'm newer here too, came from a 2017 f150 XLT FX4 3.5 eco and while it pulled like hell, I wanted to own a proper n/a V8...particularly the hemi before they go away. IMO a much better engine, albeit much thirstier.

Great forum here, lots of info, my experience has been great.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum lots of great people and a wealth of knowledge! Happy Raming which may or may not include spending lots of money on toys lol

Users who are viewing this thread