5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member, 2021 RAM 1500

seancusmc

Reaction score
New to Pickups. Got a 2021 RAM 1500, used. I bought a Laramie model, because it was the best deal on the lot, based on price and the amount of miles on it compared to the other models that were available. I am enjoying all the boujee Laramie features so far. Sound system is sick and the ventilated seats seem like something I will really like when it gets hot.
I bought this truck for two reasons, for one, my wife loves camping and this can tow our camper. My Durango was fine with it, but it started having too many issues too often. At nearly 200,000 miles my Durango was turning into a timeshare, some weeks I would have it, some weeks my mechanic would have it. It was starting to get too annoying to change axles and seals, and everything else that was breaking. Taking days off from work to maintain it was too much.
For reason #2, I also wanted a 4x4 so I can drive on the beach and take my 3 young boys surf cast fishing to enjoy the summer a bit more, maybe do a little off-roading. Otherwise its a commuter, with boujee ventilated seats.
I am looking forward to learning how to make the most of this vehicle from you all. I found this forum on google while researching storage accessories for under the rear seat and discovered, there are some pretty insightful opinions on this topic that can only be fully appreciated by joining this forum, so here I am. I am going to be a sponge and absorb all your insights and learn from your trials and tribulations, maybe one day I will have my own to share.

Attachments

• IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 18

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Sounds like the truck will fit your needs quite well and keep your back and rear end cool at the same time lol.

Tons of resources in this forum to dig through, and if you enjoy modifying your ride, you'll find plenty of options and ideas.

Enjoy your journey and feel free to reach out if you have questions!

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the sweet "New to You" ride! My grandfather always use to say there's nothing better than a black truck. Many happy healthy miles to you and your family, I'm sure you'll all love the truck.

seancusmc

Reaction score
Thank you both. Now that I have read the forum rules and got a trophy, I'm going to dig in and seek some useful information to help me make informed buying choices.

Users who are viewing this thread