5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Maxxis RAZR AT Tires

doolin64

Reaction score
Sound is no. Existent going down the road. Need more miles to give a real review. But noise and looks so far are (y) (y) from me.

Attachments

• 20210507_111547.jpg
    20210507_111547.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210507_111556.jpg
    20210507_111556.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20210507_111607.jpg
    20210507_111607.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 150

doolin64

Reaction score
I'm still happy with them. First, I should say I'm a BFG AT K02 lover. Those tires are my high bar. In the last 6 years, I've run 3 sets of BFG K02's, Falken Wildpeak AT3W's, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's, Continental Terrain Contact's, Toyo Open Country R/T's, and Toyo Open Country Muds (those came on a truck I bought and were quickly sold). Clearly I have a tire issue. I usually swap them out once a year to try something new, change the look on my truck. I don't like loud tires, but I do like an aggressive looking tire.

As for the Maxxis, I still love the way this tire looks. There is added road noise. No surprise there, but it's not excessive. If you want a tire quiet like stock go with the Continental's. These tires seem to make "noise" at around 40-45mph. They are smooth on the highway. Although at 65mph, I was getting a vibration and had to have a tire rebalanced. After that I was good to go.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I'm still happy with them. First, I should say I'm a BFG AT K02 lover. Those tires are my high bar. In the last 6 years, I've run 3 sets of BFG K02's, Falken Wildpeak AT3W's, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's, Continental Terrain Contact's, Toyo Open Country R/T's, and Toyo Open Country Muds (those came on a truck I bought and were quickly sold). Clearly I have a tire issue. I usually swap them out once a year to try something new, change the look on my truck. I don't like loud tires, but I do like an aggressive looking tire.

As for the Maxxis, I still love the way this tire looks. There is added road noise. No surprise there, but it's not excessive. If you want a tire quiet like stock go with the Continental's. These tires seem to make "noise" at around 40-45mph. They are smooth on the highway. Although at 65mph, I was getting a vibration and had to have a tire rebalanced. After that I was good to go.
How did you like your Toyo open country R/TS? I, too, want something that looks aggressive, with minimal road noise. Best I've found is the toyos, fallen at3ws, and nitto ridge grappler G2. Preferably, id like to also have a mileage warranty. The nitto ridge grapplers look really good but don't have one...have you tried the Toyo open country AT IIIs? If so, how was your experience?

RGrant27

Reaction score

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Any comparison on road noise between these and the AT3 XLT's? I have also heard the continentals are great for road noise, just never looked at these in person to see how aggressive they actually are. I too like an aggressive sidewall

doolin64

Reaction score
The AT3's are quieter. They're a very nice riding tire. The Maxxis are more aggressive overall (tread and sidewall) The Continentals are the the tamest of the bunch, but they are more aggressive than stock for sure.

titan3636

Reaction score
The AT3's are quieter. They're a very nice riding tire. The Maxxis are more aggressive overall (tread and sidewall) The Continentals are the the tamest of the bunch, but they are more aggressive than stock for sure.
Sorry to bring this post back up almost a year later but wanted to check in and see how you are liking the MAXXIS A/T now and if you still have them on. I found them online for just over $100 a tire 35x12.5r22 right now!!! i'm very tempted to replace my super loud venom power M/T with these maxxis R/T if they will be much quieter.... especially for $450 for a set!!
Thanks!!

doolin64

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this post back up almost a year later but wanted to check in and see how you are liking the MAXXIS A/T now and if you still have them on. I found them online for just over $100 a tire 35x12.5r22 right now!!! i'm very tempted to replace my super loud venom power M/T with these maxxis R/T if they will be much quieter.... especially for $450 for a set!!
Thanks!!
Do you care to share where that deal is? I will order them right now. Are you sure that's not per tire?

I ended up swapping to a bigger set of tires. I only ran those tires for a month or so and upgraded Toyo Open Country AT3's om 295/60R22 They are louder than the Maxxis were. If your deal is legit, I will sell and upgrade right away to the 35's you're talking about.

titan3636

Reaction score
It was at Walmart.com directly sold and shipped from Walmart. Now they’re sold out and only offered from 3rd party sellers for $400+ per tire. I hesitated and missed the amazing deal this past weekend. I’m really hoping for a restock at that price. Kicking myself for not ordering them.

Attachments

• 5CBF5264-1F16-4C6F-9E7C-089A07E1B70B.jpeg
    5CBF5264-1F16-4C6F-9E7C-089A07E1B70B.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread