5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New maps marked as 11/10/23

cliffsta

Reaction score
Shucks and I just gave my dad his 32GB thumb drive back 😂
I have literally every size except a 32 GB.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's weird. I still see 2023.09 as the latest version. What options are you selecting when you get a later version?

1702922570967.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's weird. I still see 2023.09 as the latest version. What options are you selecting when you get a later version?

View attachment 172914
I'm looking in the files themselves.
The .xml has the Tomtom release date inside.
1702924636569.png
1702924776283.png

Maybe there was 2 differnet dates for some reason?
I just downloaded it and i'm getting the same dates inside.

Did you download your copy months ago, or did it only popup in November?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking in the files themselves.
The .xml has the Tomtom release date inside.
View attachment 172915
View attachment 172916

Maybe there was 2 differnet dates for some reason?
I just downloaded it and i'm getting the same dates inside.

Did you download your copy months ago, or did it only popup in November?
I haven't downloaded/installed it yet. My larger USB stick took a dump, and I hadn't gotten around to ordering a new one. So I can't answer the question on the file dates. But I don't think there's any significance to the file dates. That may be the date they published the 2023.09 mapsets.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why are there no updates for UC4? The UC4 NAV system is horrible as it can't locate any location when searching offline. Without a subscription, you're always offline, so...

Arth

Reaction score
Why are there no updates for UC4? The UC4 NAV system is horrible as it can't locate any location when searching offline. Without a subscription, you're always offline, so...

I have a feeling it's because that was an older platform controlled by a separate navigation company. More over I feel like it's their way of pushing people into new trucks using UC5 that has better support.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's because that was an older platform controlled by a separate navigation company. More over I feel like it's their way of pushing people into new trucks using UC5 that has better support.
Possibly, but I'm not buying a new $75k truck to get a better navigation system when I get that for free on my phone. If only Android Auto was wireless and full screen also. Maybe someday they'll offer something of an update to keep then UC4 people happy with a new look. Ford did it with Sync 2 -> Sync 3 for many vehicles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Possibly, but I'm not buying a new $75k truck to get a better navigation system when I get that for free on my phone. If only Android Auto was wireless and full screen also. Maybe someday they'll offer something of an update to keep then UC4 people happy with a new look. Ford did it with Sync 2 -> Sync 3 for many vehicles.
You can get a dongle for wireless AA.
Not free and not idea but cheaper than a new truck.

Triman11427

Reaction score
Has anyone used this Stellantis map update on the UC4? I saw it and couldn’t understand how this is free yet they are still charging $150 for updates through FCA.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this Stellantis map update on the UC4? I saw it and couldn’t understand how this is free yet they are still charging $150 for updates through FCA.
Different nav companies, differnet contractual agreements with FCA.
UC4 uses HERE UC5 uses TomTom.

Triman11427

Reaction score
Different nav companies, differnet contractual agreements with FCA.
UC4 uses HERE UC5 uses TomTom.
Thanks for the clarification. My brother just got a 2024 1500 and did an update through Stellantis. Was a bit involved but worked out well. He asked Stellantis if the update would work with UC4 and they told him yes. I was wondering if anyone has tried it with success.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. My brother just got a 2024 1500 and did an update through Stellantis. Was a bit involved but worked out well. He asked Stellantis if the update would work with UC4 and they told him yes. I was wondering if anyone has tried it with success.
It's not possible for it to work. The Stellantis likely had no idea what he was asking.
You can buy an UC4 map update, there is not a shared update file you can use.

This is where you would get your UC4 map updates (you pay and get send an USB drive that only works with your radio).

Users who are viewing this thread