5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Magnaflow came today

768mph

Reaction score
There are still some Carven Progressive system exhaust floating around the public for the 19 Ram which is why I asked so to make sure
The progressive is much bigger than what’s pictured. Hence why I mentioned the size bud. No worries.

RenoRam

Reaction score
The progressive is much bigger than what’s pictured. Hence why I mentioned the size bud. No worries.
Just finished installing the MF 19430 catback. Pic attached and trying to get the sound clip posted. Sounds incredible and after a short test drive, it is amazing!!

Attachments

• 20181104_154845.jpg
    20181104_154845.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 130

anthtony

Reaction score
Just finished installing the MF 19430 catback. Pic attached and trying to get the sound clip posted. Sounds incredible and after a short test drive, it is amazing!!
Nice!! Hope you are able to upload a clip. I just ordered the same setup (except chrome tips).

berserkr

Reaction score
Why did you switch from Carven to magnaflow? Also did you have a Carven Progressive or Competitor?

It was the Competitor, they stopped selling the Progressive.

It was just ridiculously loud and the drone was outrageous. It would literally set off car alarms when I started the truck, and I would get a headache if I had to drive any more than 15 miles. To their credit, Carven customer service was excellent, and they gave me a full refund - it sounded like they were having some trouble dialing in the noise level and were considering pulling it off the market.

berserkr

Reaction score
Would you clarify more on “though it’s not silent while cruising on the highway”?

Just that it's not luxury car whisper quiet. A little throttle gives you a little rumble. No drone though and totally manageable.

kioteh

Reaction score
Ordered my new MagnaFlow today for my 19 Laramie. Stoked to get it in and installed.

anthtony

Reaction score
For those of you that have bought a cat-back - did you install it yourself or have someone install it? I'm debating this right now.....My Magnaflow set arrives Monday. TIA!

louz

Reaction score
My dealer installed my manga flow for $165. Not worth my effort to do it. Brought it in first thing in the AM, they gave me a loaner, went to breakfast and shopped. About 12PM they were done. VERY HAPPY.

anthtony

Reaction score
My dealer installed my manga flow for $165. Not worth my effort to do it. Brought it in first thing in the AM, they gave me a loaner, went to breakfast and shopped. About 12PM they were done. VERY HAPPY.
Thanks for sharing. I went underneath it tonight to take a look. I'm leaning towards having my local shop install it. Not having a lift this looks like it would be a PITA.....

louz

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I went underneath it tonight to take a look. I'm leaning towards having my local shop install it. Not having a lift this looks like it would be a PITA.....
well being 60 I not fond of being on my back , Also since my truck was like 2 weeks old It was easy for them on a lift.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to some exhaust videos - I may be picking a different brand, but I'm a huge fan of the hemi with custom exhaust.

Around here there's several rebels, and ALL of us got aftermarket mufflers.
I got a borla, I think one of the others got a magnaflow, and the last gentlemen I never talked to - but by the sounds of it he just put a straight pipe to the engine LOL

louz

Reaction score
If it stops raining I'll try to get a clip …

RenoRam

Reaction score
I did it in my driveway in under 2 hours. Left side is difficult to remove without a lift or if you dont have air suspension. You can do it and will need an extra set of hands. Once it is out the Magnaflow catback is quick to install. Good luck

John

Reaction score
I did it in my driveway in under 2 hours. Left side is difficult to remove without a lift or if you dont have air suspension. You can do it and will need an extra set of hands. Once it is out the Magnaflow catback is quick to install. Good luck
What setting did you have to put the air suspension on to get the left side out??

John

John

Reaction score
Question; if they claim the Magnaflow cat back system is 3" tubing, why are the clamps 2 1/2" and the tubing measures 2 1/2"?? Don't want to install mine just in case it is wrong!!

John

John

Reaction score
Got my Magnaflow cat back done this morning, took me 3 hours but I'm 70 years old!! If I can do it any of you young bucks can do it! Btw, did it by my self! Except had wife hold the tips in place while I did the final tightening!

John

Last edited:

RenoRam

Reaction score
Question; if they claim the Magnaflow cat back system is 3" tubing, why are the clamps 2 1/2" and the tubing measures 2 1/2"?? Don't want to install mine just in case it is wrong!!

John
I didn't measure the tubing but the provided clamps and tubing fit perfectly. Give Magaflow a call to verify what you received is correct. On another note, if you opted for the black coating there was a smell for the first few miles after turning it off. Spoke to Magnaflow and was informed that is normal and would cease which it has. Let us know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread