5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Magnaflow came today

John

Reaction score
Watched their video and it shows 3" to muffler then 2 1/2" the rest of the way back. All good, sounds great but does have more hwy. drone noise then I expected, but is ok.

Can't imagine there is a market for the removed (used) exhaust, would have been a LOT easier job had I just cut the left side tubing in half!!!

Also put the Pulsar in as well, performance mode is awesome! Will see how economy mode performs and report back!

John

bln15

Reaction score
Another happy Magnaflow customer. As others have said worse part of the install was getting the old out, you'll need to cut once on the old exhaust to help get it out. Didn't even think about adjusting the air ride to OR2 to help with the install. Sounds great not to loud but definitely there. Just back from a 1,000 mile road trip, no drone on the highway, all good.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'm on my second day with my Magnaflow exhaust on my 19 Rebel. WOW !! My review follows... yes subjective.

Startup and outside noticable… not loud ...nice rumble

Hear the exhaust on acceleration. slow and hwy.

cruising barely noticeable. . radio on 6 easily mufflers the low sound

Stomp on it … OH YEA...

Feels spunkier and MPG went up 2.1 MPG
I was just rereading these posts. I have had a cat back Magnaflow on backorder since Nov 26 for my Rebel. You mentioned you thought truck was spunkier and got better mileage. Now that you've had it on for a while, do you still see more power and better economy? My Rebel only has 1700 miles but only gets like 12-13 mpg but it is a great truck. Cab sound still acceptable when highway cruising? Drone? Has exhaust sound gotten louder or different as it broke in? Thanks! IMG_3406.JPG

louz

Reaction score
I was just rereading these posts. I have had a cat back Magnaflow on backorder since Nov 26 for my Rebel. You mentioned you thought truck was spunkier and got better mileage. Now that you've had it on for a while, do you still see more power and better economy? My Rebel only has 1700 miles but only gets like 12-13 mpg but it is a great truck. Cab sound still acceptable when highway cruising? Drone? Has exhaust sound gotten louder or different as it broke in? Thanks! View attachment 10417
Happy as a clam in the sand. Cruising if radio is at 6 you barely notice, No drone, regular or eco. Don't hear nada change when going into eco, even with the radio is off. Outside you know it is not stock, even at idle. Nice system. Gas mileage went down now cause I like how it sounds when accelerating !

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good to see that someone is happy with what they’ve done exhaust wise.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a magnaflow, was won over.
I was dead set on a borla touring but I opened my options briefly and that was that!

Odd question, how long is that magnaflow muffler?
The 18in?

768mph

Reaction score
Ordered a magnaflow, was won over.
I was dead set on a borla touring but I opened my options briefly and that was that!

Odd question, how long is that magnaflow muffler?
The 18in?
22”

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Very, very interesting

So here's why I ask - the general rule of thumb for mufflers as I understand it?
The larger the muffler, the quieter it is.
Now not all of them use the same technology so it's not exact.
BUT, for Magnaflow, Their 14in is louder than their 18in, is louder than their 24in.
At 22in, that's pretty mellow.

I'm now very excited to see how this is going to sound!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine installed last Friday. The Magnaflow cat back has nice thunderstorm rumble with no raspy bark when revving engine, just rich V8 sound. Inside you can hear subdued rumble on mild acceleration and when you level off need for power and reach easy cruising it gets almost silent at most speeds. The radio at level 6 will mask most exhaust sound during easy driving. Now if you tromp accelerator, you will hear engine come alive IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3433.JPG and will bring back memories of hot rod days at high school. Your driving style will determine noise level.

pber1

Reaction score
I just checked www.hottexhaust.com and they are still selling exhaust systems at 20% off. If you select exhaust for cart a coupon pops up. They have Magnaflow and Borla cat back systems.
Thanks! I just got the 20% coupon emailed but I need to know if it will fit a crew cab with the 6’4 bed. Do you know if it will fit?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I just got the 20% coupon emailed but I need to know if it will fit a crew cab with the 6’4 bed. Do you know if it will fit?
I would call them (Hottexhaust or Magnaflow) during business hours as that may be an issue as the majority of trucks are crew cab with 5'7". I am sure Magnaflow will have a kit eventually if this one is too short.

John

Reaction score
I have the crew cab 6'4" bed and it fit perfectly!

John

pber1

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help fellas I just spoke to John at hot exhaust. He said it would fit and he said my coupon was still valid, $693USD shipping included. Now I have to play the waiting game while playing the waiting game!:cry:

RenoRam

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help fellas I just spoke to John at hot exhaust. He said it would fit and he said my coupon was still valid, $693USD shipping included. Now I have to play the waiting game while playing the waiting game!:cry:
Nice! Sure you will like it. Remember, it will be drop shipped from Magnaflow and will require a signature on delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread