5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Longhorn 2500 - very happy (mostly)

dagnabit

Reaction score
Couldn’t find the truck I wanted on the lot so I ordered one. 2500s with gas engines are rare so options are limited. Drove it from AZ to CO and loved the drive. This is a nice truck and my first Dodge. New truck with a lot of selectable options so it took a little time to find the issues.
Started by removing most of the badges except for the ones where the body is indented around the badges (2500 Heavy Duty, Ram’s head on tailgate) and disabling seat belt chimes. Waiting for Leer cap. After configuring everything possible in the instrument cluster and Uconnect I found that even though the DRLs are disabled there are still some lights that remain on. Very irritating.
I am researching the TazerDT and TazerRam to determine which is more suitable and whether or not this will allow me to drive dark (w/o any DRLs). Sent query to Tazer but have not received response yet. Will probably order the TazerRam because it installs on the OBD2 port. Also, the Tazer looks like it has a lot of other handy features.
The other issue is the AC performance. After reviewing this forum this is not a surprise to most here. Living in AZ high performing AC is a must. I saw the posted hack regarding the valve install and will likely try it.
My only other question is whether 35” tires will fit on my stock 2500? My neighbor is certain they will but I haven’t had a chance to follow up with him. He just had a 3” lift and 37” tires added to his Ram and it really looks sharp.

Update. Decided to move forward and ordered TazerRam. Though I mainly want to turn off all DRLs it looks like it has enough other cool features to justify the cost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread