5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Limited Interior Option Coming?

Cannonball

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice the interior coloring of the Limited tested in Truck Trends #PTOTY19. It's definitly a Limited trim level with black in place of the indigo. The frost seems a bit more yellow but I'm sure it's just the lighting however the indigo is most certainly BLACK. Am I color blind or do you see it too?

Photos 13 & 14

2019-RAM-1500-Limited-4x4-dashboard (1).jpg
Vs
2019-Ram-1500-Limited-4X4-dashboard.jpg

2019-RAM-1500-Limited-4x4-front-interior-seats (1).jpg
Vs 2019-Ram-1500-Limited-4X4-front-interior-seats.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going with bad lighting. Look at the seat controls on your 2nd suspect photo. They are truly black meaning that is the indigo interior just looking blackish.

ericd

Reaction score
Yea. Seems like just heavy filtering on the photos

Cannonball

Reaction score
@Edwards that's a good point. I sure wouldn't mind my (soon to be received) indigo to occasionally look this dark.

Have to say I really like the idea of black and frost after seeing these deceiving photos. It matches more exterior colors better than the indigo does.

Dontra

Reaction score
I like the black better. Hopefully there is another option

Last edited:

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I like black. I had a truck with tan leather once and the die off my jeans stained the leather and i could never really get it completely off.

runamuck

Reaction score
I like the cover on the lower level of the console. I wish the one in my laramie was like that.

Old Ray

Reaction score
I hope so, because instead of whining on here about my stupidity and the tow mirrors (that didn't seem to do any good) I became proactive (a excuse) and looked at trading my 2019 (700 km) on a 2019, when it got to the numbers only two of five dealers actually replied. $ 10,000.00 CDN difference. Being a new vehicle addict (need help)........ well if that plan didn't work then onto the next plan, I will trade in on a 2020 in a year or so. Love the truck, hate the mirrors. The frost looks a lot better then my black. I will do my homework / due diligence next time and maybe special order. Addictions suck. :unsure:

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe this frost color is a standard color used in other lines. Called "Light Frost", I have it in my 2018 Durango and, to my eye on my particular computer screen, it is closer to the 2nd set of pictures with the lighter shade. The actual shade is just a hint darker.

It looks great in person and does great at lightening up the interior. After about 1.5 years I've not had any problems with jean-dye or anything else dis-coloring the seats.

Users who are viewing this thread