5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Laramie Owner in Houston

shaveman

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Finally getting around to my new member post. I bought my 2019 Ram Laramie in May. Love the truck so far. It's my first full-size truck (owned a 2008 Tacoma for 10 years).

There are some things I may have done differently, but I honestly did not research much at all, making this a rare impulse buy for me. Thus, I overpaid, and did not get all the options I thought I was getting (assumed would be there).

Still, this truck is beautiful and rides great! 31055

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, care to elaborate on what it is that you didn’t get that you thought you would ?

shaveman

Reaction score
Hello, care to elaborate on what it is that you didn’t get that you thought you would ?
Hi PorBoy. Things like parking sensors. I thought those would somehow be standard on the Laramie tier...just didn't pay enough attention. Also maybe blind-spot monitoring, or HD Radio on my Alpine system.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see your point, to me it was kind of sneaky as all of that stuff was in the 4th gen. When I went to get this Laramie the only thing I wanted was 3.92 gears, 4x4 and a Hemi. Because my wife is only 5’2” she wanted a powered passenger seat. Hence why a Laramie as opposed to a simple Tradesman.

shaveman

Reaction score
I see your point, to me it was kind of sneaky as all of that stuff was in the 4th gen. When I went to get this Laramie the only thing I wanted was 3.92 gears, 4x4 and a Hemi. Because my wife is only 5’2” she wanted a powered passenger seat. Hence why a Laramie as opposed to a simple Tradesman.
Leather-trimmed seats were a must for my wife so we took care of that need. And I do LOVE the ventilated seats being in Houston in the summer!

Users who are viewing this thread