5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New KO2s

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I got some new BF Goodrich KO2 LT 275 55R20s on my Ram today. I think they look good. My son got a pair on his GMC last week and says they are great. I hope so. These should be great for the winter here in Colorado and I plan to pull a travel trailer on occasion as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2685.jpg
    IMG_2685.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 382

Bob.

Reaction score
I got some new BF Goodrich KO2 LT 275 55R20s on my Ram today. I think they look good. My son got a pair on his GMC last week and says they are great. I hope so. These should be great for the winter here in Colorado and I plan to pull a travel trailer on occasion as well.
I ran K02's on my last truck and loved them. How is the ride with your new tires? Quiet? Too stiff for the new Ram? How bad did it eat into your gas mileage? Thanks!

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I've had the KO2's on my Ram for about 4-5 months now and have noticed no change in my gas mileage due to the different tires. My commute is different now than it was then and now I am averaging 14.5 mpg. My ride is quiet and I had a Toyota 4Runner previously that had a lot more road noise...I don't notice any now. I can't tell any change in the noise at all with the KO2's. The stock Bridgestone Duelers that I had on when I bought the truck were a bit softer on the highway but I got the KO2's put on before a trip through the mountains pulling a travel trailer and they took that in stride. We are supposed to get our first real snowfall of the Winter today - tomorrow and I think the KO2's will do much better than the stock Duelers. Hope that helps. I'll put a comment on how they are in snow in a couple days.

Bob.

Reaction score
I got the Duelers now and we share the same tire size. I got 3,500 on my truck and resist putting new tires on it. I know the KO2's will drive thru winter like a paved summer road. I just hope the Bridgestones hold the road when the snow hits. I got 4X4 so no real worries. We are getting 2 weeks of rain here so for a "good" change winter hasn't shown it's true colors yet. I know what to get when the time comes. Thanks for responding.

Bob.

Reaction score
Well, I have time on my hands this past week. Thinking about these KO2 tires, and knowing prices will only go thru the roof with inflation. I was hunting high and low. Prices on the internet delivered for my size ( 275 / 55 R20 ) are $265 a piece. I found 1 on ebay for $252 and another site was $257 for the other 3.

I guess they will sit in my basement till I decide to get them mounted. I just refuse to do it on my truck with only 3,500 miles on it. If I can't hold the road if it snows then I may put the new shoes on sooner. These are load rage D, the other set were load range E (10 ply) so they should ride nicer than the last truck.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I was out on the snow yesterday and the KO2 traction was doing great on the road. I didn't have doubts but was pleased with them.

Bob.

Reaction score
Ebay sent me the wrong tire, and the other guy can't get any.....so, I had the pleasure of driving in my first snowstorm with the factory tires. They suck. I couldn't stop at stop signs, just slipping and sliding. Very bad experience.
I visited the "neighbor" tire shop today. Prices are getting stupid. $1300 including tax for my set of KO2s. They go on Tuesday. He will give me something for my duelers so that was nice of him.
I can't wait. These duelers are not snow tires. I was having visions of being Danica Patrick in Nascar just bouncing off of walls and stuff. Good thing it was 2am, or I would have crashed my truck. 1 traffic light I hit my brakes and just slid clean thru onto the other side.
Scary when you think your going slow enough and your not!

Last edited:

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Hey Bob, I sold my duelers on FB marketplace for like $600 I believe, they had about 2,000 miles on them. I think it took something like 2 days before they were gone. Just fyi.

But I'm not surprised at all with the experience of them on the snow. I can't imagine trying to drive with them in that kind of weather. They are good tires for driving in a warm climate in ideal conditions on the highway but not at all what I need for a winter here in Denver. Good luck.

Bob.

Reaction score
You did the right thing to sell the others and buy the KO2's. I noticed they are D rated ( My chevy were E rated) I ran them at 40 psi and didn't mind the ride. Traction was off the charts in the snow.

I'll run the new set at 40 on the Ram and see how it rides. I would hate to ruin the Cadillac ride of the truck. If you like the ride on your set, I think I will be very happy as well. Tuesday they go on. :)

Reaction score
Too bad they don’t make these in the 285/45/22 size, I’d be all over them. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my ‘22 Laramie night/GT.
They don't, but they make a 295/50/22, which will be perfect with a 2" level. Supposed to be avail in march. I WILL be all over them.

Jeep Realtor

Reaction score
They don't, but they make a 295/50/22, which will be perfect with a 2" level. Supposed to be avail in march. I WILL be all over them.
I’ve never owned a RAM, so I’m just learning and figuring things out now. My 22 Laramie Night GT is on order, still just a VON number. Have owned 3 Jeep Wranglers back to back and most recently a Gladiator, all modified by me. I was originally only considering changing the tires after all I’ve read about how bad the stock ones are in winter, but now I might consider a leveling kit, with control arms (if necessary) and the BFG’s.

Bob.

Reaction score
KO2 tires.jpg t
I've joined the KO2 club finally. Let it snow. These tires just laugh at snow on the roads.
The little shop I go to, 2 out of 3 guys have covid so I helped the kid out and let him
run the tire machine and I did the un-mounting and mounting on the truck. When we finished,
I took it up to 80 to see if they are going to vibrate, they are smooth as glass, with just a 1 out of 10 harder on the road. No road noise either. I will lower the air pressure to 45 that should help that a little as my indicator on the dash said they were 48PSI. I'm very pleased with this set. Even the weights he added were small looking. A positive experience.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
View attachment 116956 t
I've joined the KO2 club finally. Let it snow. These tires just laugh at snow on the roads.
The little shop I go to, 2 out of 3 guys have covid so I helped the kid out and let him
run the tire machine and I did the un-mounting and mounting on the truck. When we finished,
I took it up to 80 to see if they are going to vibrate, they are smooth as glass, with just a 1 out of 10 harder on the road. No road noise either. I will lower the air pressure to 45 that should help that a little as my indicator on the dash said they were 48PSI. I'm very pleased with this set. Even the weights he added were small looking. A positive experience.
Bob, same experience here on the road noise and ride quality.

Josh24

Reaction score
Did you end up going with this set up? If so, what have your thoughts been with it?

Users who are viewing this thread