5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Key FOB

Fordication

Reaction score
Good morning folks. I recently bought my 2019 Ram 1500 from Off Lease Only. Only 14K miles on it. The only problem it has is it came with one FOB. I see them on sell on ebay and facebook market place. So, what is the best way to buy a new FOB and what do I have to do to have it programmed and a new key cut? Lots of options but I want to do it right. BTW, if you are in the market, that series of dealerships in Florida have the largest inventory of quality used Trucks and cars in the USA. I know, I spent over a month doing research before I purchased. Lowest prices by far.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I bought one from Amazon for a 300S I had. Found a local locksmith that had the programmer...cost like $40 to program.

Fob was crap...worked intermittently...didn't try getting it replaced (took it to the dealer, who gave me only one fob, for some service they agreed to at purchase...handed them the bad fob and they replaced it...)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TimW451

Reaction score
.... So, what is the best way to buy a new FOB and what do I have to do to have it programmed and a new key cut? ....
I forget where, but I did read that once a fob is paired to a vehicle it cannot be changed, so make sure you buy a new one and whoever you buy from is reputable.

Users who are viewing this thread