5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here.

Cboozer83

Reaction score
Good evening. I'm new here and new to the RAM world. Just got rid of a 17 GMC Sierra and got into a 22 Bighorn. Love the Hemi. Such a strong g and smooth engine especially with the 8 behind it. Anyway. Wondering if switchback bulbs will work in the front turn signals? And what can I do to prevent the dreaded lifter issue that plagues them Hemi? Thanks.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Hi. So assuming you have halogen housings, you shouldnt be putting any LED in there. LEDs dont belong in a halogen housing, your blinding everyone on the road i promise you are, your also actually getting less light output. Instead of a focused light beam your just throwing light everywhere. Switch to a 5-6k halogen bulb so you get the same color as LED but your not being an ******* and blinding everyone. BUT if you do decide put the LED SB bulbs in your blinker i dont see why it wouldnt work tbh. idiots put LEDs in halogens all the time with no issues. Id recommend be patient, save your money and replace the entire assembly like your supposed to if you want LEDs.

As for the HEMI tick, there is really no avoiding it partner. Hate to break that to you. There is a bunch of theories on how to stop it but its all bs, most have been debunked and or proven to not work. It ether happens or it doesnt. The best thing YOU can do is keep up on your maintenance. Use a certified oil, put the oil type your engine calls for, change it when your suppose to and you did all you can do. Drive it, enjoy it. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread