5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here with a question.

jlewis74

Reaction score
2020 Rebel Crew 5.7 normal suspension. Looking to do a level kit, was looking to replace UCA while everything is apart. I notice some talking about the Mopar UCA that come with the 2" Mopar Lift Kit as being a good option. These are only about $100 for both sides, but my OEM normal UCA's are $150 each. Any idea what is different about them, do the ones with the lift kit have better angles, etc. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

jlewis74

Reaction score
I have these on my 2021 with the Bilstein 6112 shocks at the #8 setting. No problems so far. Made my ride a little stiffer overall.
I have read so many post on them some saying they are the same as what comes on the trucks, others that they have more articulation in the ball. So confusing. I have a Rebel, going with a preload Shock/Strut replacement for 2" so was looking at these, just trying to make sure they are needed and actually an improvement over what I have from the factory.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read so many post on them some saying they are the same as what comes on the trucks, others that they have more articulation in the ball. So confusing. I have a Rebel, going with a preload Shock/Strut replacement for 2" so was looking at these, just trying to make sure they are needed and actually an improvement over what I have from the factory.
my guess is on people that say they are the same is because they were expecting either better material or something that clearly look like an upgrade.
But all there is to it, is better travel angle. And for the money and if it brings you peace of mind, I think just go for them
Based on many post and forum plus shop feedback I keep mine stock.
I don't do heavy off road but if I feel or notice that the stock's are failing I would probably spend money a better upgrade.

jlewis74

Reaction score
my guess is on people that say they are the same is because they were expecting either better material or something that clearly look like an upgrade.
But all there is to it, is better travel angle. And for the money and if it brings you peace of mind, I think just go for them
Based on many post and forum plus shop feedback I keep mine stock.
I don't do heavy off road but if I feel or notice that the stock's are failing I would probably spend money a better upgrade.
I ordered them, figured it can't hurt. I will hang on the original ones also, could always swap back if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread