5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new guy on the site

Dave3d

Reaction score
Hi folks, new guy here. I currently drive a mazda b4000, 200k miles on it, 4x4. it has been a solid truck,routine fixes, new trans at about 175k. Been researching trucks now for a long time. Was set on a ford v8 or 3.5 eco boost, but too many horry stories with the 10 speed trans. Was ready to pull the trigger on a Big horn quad cab 4x4 3.6, as you know, they come standard with the etorque system. I have read many many issues with this set up, stalling on the road, gauge errors, brake activation lights coming on & I am sure I am missing a few. The truck i am looking at has 20k miles, cleaan carfax, good looking truck. Can folks out there give me their feed back on this set up, are you happy? I cant afford to get a truck and have issues with it.....thanks folk

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hello and welcome, just remember, its a forum, you will only find people talking about the problem they had, you will not get the no problem stories

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi folks, new guy here. I currently drive a mazda b4000, 200k miles on it, 4x4. it has been a solid truck,routine fixes, new trans at about 175k. Been researching trucks now for a long time. Was set on a ford v8 or 3.5 eco boost, but too many horry stories with the 10 speed trans. Was ready to pull the trigger on a Big horn quad cab 4x4 3.6, as you know, they come standard with the etorque system. I have read many many issues with this set up, stalling on the road, gauge errors, brake activation lights coming on & I am sure I am missing a few. The truck i am looking at has 20k miles, cleaan carfax, good looking truck. Can folks out there give me their feed back on this set up, are you happy? I cant afford to get a truck and have issues with it.....thanks folk
I'm confused on what exactly you are look at.
all you said was "The truck i am looking at has 20k miles, cleaan carfax, good looking truck."

Users who are viewing this thread